Pregnant and exhausted, what helps?

Pretty much my entire pregnancy I've been exhausted to the point where I can sleep for 9 hrs at night and by lunch I need a 2hr nap just to get me thru to bed time. Im lost as to what I can do to stay awake.

Tori_990

Asked by Tori_990 at 3:53 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• nothing lol the only thing that will help you be able to sleep is have the baby but once you do you wont be able to sleep then either cuz the baby will need you.....i havent had a solid 8 hour of sleep in over 5 years! my oldest is 5 my other son is 2 and new baby due in june......welcome to the mommy club where you will never sleep again
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 3:57 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• not sure, but when you know let me know. I am 19 weeks pregnant today and my whole pregnancy I have been so tired as well. I will go to bed at 10pm and then I wake up at 7 to put my daughter on the bus in the mornings and then by 11 even before I am so tired I could fall over. I sometimes will fall asleep around 11 and sleep until 2 or 2:30 and then at about 8 I am about to fall over again I am so tired, but I stay up until 10 because that is the only time I get without kids lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 3:59 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• There isn't much that you can do. Try taking a walk when you feel tired; the fresh air can give you a boost. Make sure you are hydrated. Take the nap! If all else fails just take the nap, it's only natural that you're body is saying to rest. Think about all that it is trying to do! Some women have some type of crazy stay active and awake during pregnancy harmone or something lmao... I never had it! I was always tired and sleepy and gained between 50 and 100 lbs with each pregnancy. Everyone is different.
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 3:59 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• have the baby!! only thing that works :)
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 4:07 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• i notice once i drinked more water i felt less tired
    kai302

Answer by kai302 at 4:20 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• i drink tons of water and juice, I almost need a bottomless glass, lol.
    Tori_990

Comment by Tori_990 (original poster) at 4:34 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I dont think there is much of cure especially when your not doing caffiene. Welcome to motherhood tired is your new awake lol. Good luck and congrats on the baby!
    Destins_Mommy

Answer by Destins_Mommy at 4:38 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Make sure that your IRON levels aren't low--your Dr. can order a test to make sure. A supplement WILL help with your energy levels if your iron is deficient.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 8:40 PM on Mar. 15, 2011