What do you think about customer service these days?

I recently read another mom question and felt the same two daysin a row. The workers are allowed to be rude and obnoxsious without penalty. How about you, what do you feel?

dubewife

Asked by dubewife at 3:56 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Shopping

• Well I'm not rude unless I am personally attacked then the claws come out.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 4:00 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I think it's ridiculous.  I'll never go to Walmart other than my normal time again where I am a "regular" and the staff know us.  I try to think well hey maybe they are having a bad day, maybe their house is a mess, maybe someone was just rude to them.  It doesn't always help me to keep my mouth shut though, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 4:01 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I am a customer service manager and I expect certain things from my associates and myself. I hold myself to high standards as well as my coworkers. We provide exceptional customer service and will go above and beyond the expectations of those we are servicing.
    coala

Answer by coala at 4:04 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I work in a Native American owned casino in the customer service and if we're rude we do have penalties.
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 4:05 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• People are so rude now days! I don't care what type of day your having, if you are working in that type of job then you should be able to leave the problems at home and treat the customers right. If I am spending my money at a store then I expect good customer service. Now I am not saying a person have to be grinning ear to ear when I come to them for service but I don't expect them to be flat out rude either. I have worked the register at Wal Mart and have came across plenty of customers that got on my last nerve but I still would be nice. People should learn to separate personal issues from the job.
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 4:07 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I think it sucks, my son had an appointment today and he would've missed lunch at school so we stopped at mcdonalds, after i ordered his food and payed and we get up to the window to get the food i asked the lady if i could have water, she was so annoyed at me, she says idk, and had such an attitude about it so i told her to just forget it then that i didn't mean to bother you so bad.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 4:52 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I think some businesses really strive to provide great customer service. Other businesses just don't. I definitely take my money to the places that treat me well...for intance, Chic-fil-A...their staff is friendly and helpful. They go above and beyond.
    littleflower101

Answer by littleflower101 at 4:59 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• havent met anyone personally that treated me bad.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 6:03 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I've worked in retail/customer service for... ever. I can't speak for anyone else, but I ALWAYS try to be nice, whether they deserve it or not. There have only been a few times where I let a real jerk customer get to me and let it show... but I NEVER start a "relationship" with a customer on a bad note. Ever.
    If someone's like that, frankly they should find a new line of work.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 6:19 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Sometimes people are just having a bad day so I try to not take it personally. I did retail for several years, its a tough job and dealing with people all day does take a toll. Cusomers are unbelievable rude to those in the service industry.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:49 PM on Mar. 15, 2011