How do you beat fibromyalgia? Help!

tastymama

Asked by tastymama at 4:08 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Health

• Diet. Go to a Naturopathy website and check out the foods to eat. Also check out websites for your problem and see what hey have to say. I have two friends with that and they both say diet. Drink lots of water, leave alone the pop, coffee, sugars, bleached flour, etc. One of the friends is also a massage therapist and Reiki practitioner (healing energies). It helps with relaxation which helps with healing. Check your phonebook. If you don't have a lot of money, tell them you are limited on funds and ask if they have cheaper rates. Also, if you are in a large town, check for a massage therapy school. They give massage as a class and don't charge. Be SURE you tell them about the fibro. This could be a new thing for the class. Very informative for them and beneficial for you. Good luck.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 4:27 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• diet and excercise and your mattress. make sure you have a good mattress, it can make a world of a difference. watch your foods, pastas and grains can be a big no no w/fibro. take a good b vitamin complex. and finally excercise. get movement in your joints. it doesn't have to be high impact but walking and movement are key. the more you just sit the tighter you will get and the more you will ache. lots of water to keep your body hydrated
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 4:17 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Unfortunately I'm not well versed in this area but I do know that what they call fibromyalgia is actually a group of symptoms that could be caused by more than one different disorder/disease. I know that many women who are fighting against it are taking anti-depressants, pain killers, and possibly a type of stimulant in order to help them have the energy to make it through the days. A woman I know who was diagnosed with it says that smoking marijuana has helped her greatly.
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 4:11 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Diet Exercise, anti depressants all do help. I have this and this is what all I do.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 7:11 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• One day at a time. I also suffer and thank god it passes.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 1:59 AM on Mar. 16, 2011