Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Input needed: Should I have another?

I'm 25 years old and have 3 children.... (ages 7, 4, and 3 months) I have had three ceserean sections all of which were low transverse (bikini cut). I was just wondering what all of you would suggest for me. Should I have another child? If so, when would be a good time? Should I wait 1,2,3 years? Longer? Why?

 
momofkearra

Asked by momofkearra at 4:08 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

Level 8 (251 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (11)
  • Do you and your husband WANT another one? That's the big question. If so, then your C-section history shouldn't stop you, assuming you healed well (you'll have to talk to your doctor about your specific medical history, but if you don't like what this one says, you're always entitled to a second opinion). I, personally, would wait until the baby is a year old to start trying for another, and doctors usually like births to be at least 18-24 months apart, but there are lots of moms who haven't waited that long.

    Ultimately, it comes down to what you want and what's best for your family.
    DragonRiderMD

    Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:24 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

  • If you financially afford it then go for it....if you can't, I say stop now.

    Only you know if you should have another. How does your DH, or SO feel about it?
    Chloesmom1126

    Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 4:15 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

  • My mom delivered all 4 of us each 3 years apart thru c section im the youngest at 23 so these were rather very old c sections and my mom did just fine healing and us kids are perfectly healthy. So unless a dr says no I dont see why not!
    Destins_Mommy

    Answer by Destins_Mommy at 4:35 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

  • that is up to you an your husband! .. i am 24 an have a 5 3 an 2 year old.. we are trying for another.. starting to give up on it tho ..
    i would wait a year to have another or depends on how far apart you want them.
    3HappylKidds

    Answer by 3HappylKidds at 4:11 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

  • I'm kind of against the idea of kids out numbering the parents. But if you guys and they are happy go for it.
    meandrphoto

    Answer by meandrphoto at 4:18 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

  • thanks girls, what I'm really wondering is from a health standpoint should I have another. Because I've had three previous c-sections and the last one was only 3 months ago whether I should get pregnant now, wait a year or longer, or never try. and why you choose that answer...??
    momofkearra

    Comment by momofkearra (original poster) at 4:23 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

  • I do know that more than 2 c-sections there is always a lot of scar tissue and can cause a lot of problems. You're at a higher risk of hemorrhage.
    If your previous 3 was okay, then I don't see what there would be with the 4th, but you never know.
    Considered a VBAC?
    Chloesmom1126

    Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 4:26 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

  • Chloesmom1126: I wanted a VBAC with my last but no doctors in my state will even begin to think about it after 2 prior c-sections! I was furious and ultimately forced into another surgery. My only other option would have been to labor at home and unfortunately I'm slightly anxious about that. I would consider a VBAC this time around if I choose to become pregnant, but not sure if I'll find anyone who can support it.
    momofkearra

    Comment by momofkearra (original poster) at 4:31 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

  • it sounds like you may want another baby!!!!when would you chose to get pregnant again???and did you chose to space of the other children or did it just happend like that??
    kiya_ma

    Answer by kiya_ma at 4:41 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

  • your doctor should have told you about that. If tehre were any risks and such. I personally would wait a bit. Talk to you doctor about how long would be best to get pregnant cause you belly will be big again with the cut and such. If you get pregnant now they will be only about a year apart.
    If you and your husband want another one that fast, doctors says its ok and you can financially afford it, then theres no problem. If either one of the is no, then dont do it.
    LittleBirdFly

    Answer by LittleBirdFly at 6:09 PM on Mar. 15, 2011