Pets

So the hubby likes cats but he wont clean out the litter I end up with that duty. Feeding and watering he says he will but then I end up with that one too. I like dogs and well as we know I get the duties that come with the dog too. So I have made the decision no animals...maybe fish in the future. Would you put your foot down too?

AbbeyKAy

Asked by AbbeyKAy at 4:09 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Pets

• nah. the pets are worth it, they are so cute and they relieve tons of stress.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 4:14 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• If you don't want to take on the responsibility of owning a pet, and you know your husband won't either, then I agree with you. No pets.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:16 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• My husband loved cats and I had the same problem, so he got rid of his cats. I have two dogs I take care of. I told him no one can have a pet if they cannot take care of it.

Answer by gemgem at 4:19 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I have a hard time believing anybody really loves their pets if they'd rather get rid of them than take care of them... I have 2 dogs and 7 cats, and I take care of ALL of them. No way on earth would I ever give them up just because I was too lazy to deal with them.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:27 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I totally agree with u Anouck. I loe my pets!! I have 4 cats and 3 dogs and I don't mind cleaning up after them!!! They r great for getting rid of my stress when I had a hard day!!!! They have proven to be great for people who want to relieve stress and anxiety. It is in a medical study they did.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 4:48 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• It is not that I do not want the responsibility but I do not think one person should do it all! Not that I am complaining but I also work and take care of 3 kids!
    AbbeyKAy

Comment by AbbeyKAy (original poster) at 4:55 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I would just say "You wanted it, you take care of it or else it goes." Whoever wanted the pet should take care of it. Why should you not get your dog if you care for it?
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 1:37 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Yes, who needs added responsibility?
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:52 PM on Mar. 16, 2011