does anyone think that this could really work??

i bought some instead cups like for your period. & ordered some sperm friendly condoms from Male factor pack. i was going to use the condoms & have DH cum in them & then put the semen into the cups & insert it into my vagina to have the semen right there at the cervix so when the egg drops the semen does not have that far to swim. they say that you can use the instead cups after sex to help keep the semen around the cervix, on the conception kit web page they have the same thing. a sperm friendly condom, a soft cup that you do just like i was saying. Does anyone think that this could actually work? i have been tracking my ovulation and i will be ovuating on the 3rd. so i was thinking about using it the 30th of november, the 1st, and 3rd of december. what do you guys think? we would really like to get pregnant by Christmas :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I thought sperm dies once hits the air.... why not just try the normal way and after hold your legs up?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• sperm doesn't die as soon as it hits the air. it can live up to five days inside the vagina and for 2 or 3 days outside the vagina. but i'm sure this may work but it would be more fun the natural way.
    sterlids

Answer by sterlids at 10:44 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• most people have dh ejaculate inside you then insert the instead cup. But inless dh has sperm problems it is pretty much useless. Along with holding your legs up. The sperm that are going to make it to the egg are already in the uterus before he even pulls out.
    duckey060504

Answer by duckey060504 at 10:48 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Why has everyone gone so baby crazy. When its meant to be it'll be...ejaculating into cups and turkey basting into your vagina is weird. Why not just do it the conventional way and when it happens it will happen. If everyobody would settle down and stop stressing so much about TTC it would probably happen alot faster.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I would try the sex. bet husband would like that better too.
    Anonymous

• I dont think that is going to work. The sperm need to be inside your vagina.. Not in the Instead Cup, How are they going to get out of that??? Holding your legs as high as you can after sex for five mins. really works. Thats how I conceived!!
    Anonymous

• It may be worth it to try, though it'd be hard telling if it led to the success of getting pregnant even if you got a positive later. Considering that even though using the cup would hold the semen up at your cervix (and be less tiring than raising your hips), you would also lose some during the transfer.
    In any case, good luck.

For the Anon posters before me...
    If conception was more reliable, it'd be fine to let things happen when they do, but it can take months or years for some couples to conceive if they purely "let nature happen". Also, people wanting to conceive is not new, there are millions of people alive, including thousands of adults. There's always a large number of people wanting to conceive at any given moment.
    How would sperm get from the cup into your cervix? The same way sperm get from your vagina into the cervix. Please look up a product before posting about it.
    redlily08

Answer by redlily08 at 3:29 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Sorry, but that sounds a little crazy to me.
    Anonymous

• well we are going to have sex. hes going to wear the condom and cum in it. we have been trying the old fashioned way for almost a year now. i have a busy 4 year old daughter and I work at home so i really can not lay with my legs up in the air and with the cup you are able to move around without the fear that semen is seaking out.
    Anonymous