Sorry, not really a question. Just need some cheering up. Please help!

I so want to be a good wife. Caring and interested in what my hubby is up to. Supportive. But I'm not sure how much more of his depression and disease-talk (progressive, chronic lung condition) I can take. I'm running out of things to reply. (He's not whining, he's just in pain 24/7.)
I'm tired and it's draining, but I realized, that this is not the only reason I started to go to bed real early: I also do it to get away from it.
And when I read on CM about couples engaging in fun stuff, hobbies, sex (??? WHat's that?), a careless conversation, husbands who take the kids to the playground or a day out ... Oh boy, do I envy you guys.
I don't know. I'm not a happy bunny. I love him. Right now I feel like can't live with or without him. Both ways would be miserable. I don't know what to do.

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 4:15 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• I've got a condition that causes chronic pain and/or discomfort as well. Actually more than one , but that's a long story.
    what is being done to manage his pain? is it not enough?

I started going to acupuncture and it has helped a great deal, one problem I have is lungs. I urge you to look into that.

also, though I may never be totally comfortable, some days are better than others.
    Is there anyway you can get your husband out to sit in a garden? how about things like kite flying? He may not be able to fly the kite, but maybe he can watch his kids fly it.
    a school play maybe? seeing little kids laugh and have fun is great to get your mind off of things.
    and if you have to leave, then you have to leave.
    Funny movies always help me out. I may be in pain, but a funny movie helps a lot.

I may be unhealthy, but I'm still breathing and as long as I'm still breathing I will still look for ways to have fun
    pm me i
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 5:36 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• hugssounds like your really depressed too, if you need a friend i will be there for you, just message me. :)

jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 4:17 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I think you may need to go out and live your life and do things you enjoy without feeling guilty about him being stuck at home. you can find a group of women to talk to and share common interests. You could go to movies, go hiking, take kids to the park and other stuff. I think you understand that he can't support you right now but that doesnt mean you dont need support. Maybe you can find soem people who would be willing to hang out with him so you could have a break for a little bit. It is hard to keep giving when he cant really give you back what you need. I hope you find an outlet so you can catch a break and come home energized to care for him.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:24 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• you rockim sorry your going threw this i hope everything works out for you

Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 5:07 PM on Mar. 15, 2011