32 weeks or 35 35 weeks?

When I first found our i was pregnant they gave me the due date 4/25/11 due to my LMP of 7/18/2010, when they did the u/s it said i was only 9 weeks, well i was thinking and that if i go by my LMP i am 35 weeks and due in like 4 weeks but if i go by the u/s im not due for 8 weeks... when i went to the dr last week i was measuring 30 weeks which is normal for me cause i been measuring a week behind since i hit 29 weeks and my ob said since it is a girl its normal as well cause girls tend to be smaller than boys and he's not concerned that i have only gained 18 lbs. my question is should i go by the u/s and believe that i have 8 weeks or should i expect her in 4 weeks maybe a little longer but not the full 8 weeks? also when i went to the dr last week he did another u's and she is head down, face down he said. What would u think?

TatymMommi

Asked by TatymMommi at 4:21 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i always measures smaller w/ #1 girl and bigger w/ #2 girl. go by your lmp
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 4:23 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Going by your LMP is more reliable than going by ultrasound, since those measurements aren't the most accurate, at best. Either way though, full term can be anywhere from 38 weeks to 42 weeks by your LMP.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:24 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• EARLY ultrasounds are most accurate, but since you didn't get one until the end of your first trimester (going by LMP), I would probably go by LMP, and keep in mind normal human gestation is anywhere from 38-42 weeks (sometimes a little longer). Better for the doctor to go by ultrasound, though, so he doesn't try to get baby out earlier than baby is ready.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:26 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• they should go by your LMP. they went by my ultrasound measurements with my 2nd child and my LMP should've had me at a due date 3 weeks earlier than what the u/s said. i ended up having my first c-section because she grew to 10 pounds during those 3 weeks i went past my due date! for some reason the u/s said she was smaller than she actually was, and both of us had to pay for their mistake (having a dangerous, unplanned cesarean that almost had an ugly outcome) they should've listened to me and the first OB who checked me that went by my LMP.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:27 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• My hubby says he thinks that i won't make it to 5/9/11 which is when dr says she is due, he thinks i will have her 4/22/11 he said hes not sure y but he has a feeling.
    TatymMommi

Comment by TatymMommi (original poster) at 4:39 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• this is totally my story to but now my doctors are saying i could go sooner so basically i think its whenever the baby is ready.
    goobersmom713

Answer by goobersmom713 at 6:42 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• the same thing happened to me, i was shocked to find out they thought i was 3 weeks earlier than what my LMP said. don't know what to tell you i am due may 6th and i will not be surprised if i have her early like my other ones
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 7:02 PM on Mar. 15, 2011