I am pregnant and am starting to get stretch marks, Help Me Please!

They aren't too bad yet but they are starting to show, right now they are a deep purple red color. I have been using Palmer's Cocoa Butter, but it doesn't seem to help, have any suggestions!!!! I need your help!

JHACKLER

Asked by JHACKLER at 11:30 AM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Avon has a great new product for stretch marks and also Palmers Tummy butter. it's thicker than the lotion and helps stop the itching...if you can stop the itch they won't get as bad.
    meghancooper

Answer by meghancooper at 11:31 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• And if your like me than there is no stopping them...motherhood scares
    meghancooper

Answer by meghancooper at 11:32 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• you are born with elasticity in your skin or not and you cant change it. the only thing you can do is watch the wieght gain.
    yathere

Answer by yathere at 11:33 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• It is hard to control. But I found some good stuff to use to help bring relief. Mine hurt sometimes. This is my 2nd pregnancy so I am getting strech marks on top of my old ones LOL. I bought Curel for pregnancy. It will help with all pregnancy skin woes. I found it at Walmart and it smells good too.
    busybee914

Answer by busybee914 at 11:38 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Try lotion and lots of water. The more hydrated you are the better off you will be. I have really bad stretch marks because of my pregnancy with my daughter. If you can't catch them or prevent them early enough try Tea Tree Oil after you have your baby. It smells horrible but works great!
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 12:08 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I would recommend that you buy the Vasaline Cocoa Butter. I have been using this product since I found out I was pregnant and I am now 8 1/2 months pregnant and have no stretchmarks..plus this is my first baby. It smells good and doesn't take long for your body to absorb it like most others. Also if you drin ka lot of water this will help out alot and watching your weight gain.
    Karly08

Answer by Karly08 at 12:23 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I used the Mary Kay Extra Emollient Night Cream while I was pregnant and never got stretch marks at all -- it's SUPER hydrating :)

You can check it out on my website...low cost and last for a while!
    www.marykay.com/juliretzlaff
    retz

Answer by retz at 1:47 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• use bio oil you can get it at walmart i used coco butter and tummy butter regiously and still got them on my thighs, tummy, and boobs. i heard of bio-oil after my baby and it lightened them so much you can barely see them now except a few of the deeper ones. i am useing i with this pregnancy it also helps with uneven skin tones and to lighten scars..
    brittanybell

Answer by brittanybell at 11:47 PM on Feb. 24, 2009