How to clean some dirty floors? With little effort?

I have some dirty floors. Small spaces but dirty. This is my Wish every year for a good floor mopping. But NO one ever takes me seriously. Anyway all of 2010 was my Triple Negative breast cancer fight! Well the side effects from the 3 brutal chemos & radiation left me not well, not healing and not able bodied anymore! Top it off we're jobless. I have no income. And over 2+ years ago DH lost his job & our insurance! To say we're hard pressed wouldn't be just the tip of the iceberg. DH did take over much of the housework. But scrubbing floors isn't one! The tub is gross too! I Hate not having my hands and feet work and so. But is there anything I can use? To help? I splurged on a Swiffer wet jet. N o help at all! Though it is hard to use for me. I didn't think my chemos would disable me. But I'm depressed, its all going wrong. So if I can accomplish anything I feel Better!! Thank you for any good tips or ideas!! And Miracle products? I can't take harsh smells/chemicals either. Price is a factor. Thank you for reading and caring!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 4:25 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Vinegar and Peroxide could be your new best friends. Mix half water and half peroxide for cleaning, disinfecting counters, toilets, even floor around toilet. Gets rid of urine odor and pet odors. Use half vinegar and half water for general cleaning, including floors, mirrors, windows. It's even ok on wood floors. It's cheap, too. All you need to do is supply the energy and the spray bottle. These two things replace a ton of unnecessary cleaners.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 4:34 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• The best thing I ever bought was a power steamer. It works great and uses no chemicals and has no smell.  I have actually tested it out by doing my floors completely with a Hoover Floormate (I also tried the Shark steam mop another time) and then going over it with my power steamer. I was shocked by how much more my power steamer got even after the floors were supposedly clean. This is the one I have: http://www.gleempaint.com/905-power-steamer.html

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:39 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I usually pour some water on the floor and let it sit for at least 10 minutes. Then I get my mop and soak up the water. It generally comes clean with little to no effort. The warm water just soaks off most of the grime.

Sorry you are dealing with this. I would come scrub them if you were close to me. I am in Colorado...Where are you?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:48 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I mop my kitchen and bathroom floors with bleach a little soap and hot water. The floors are bright white and clean. Trust me it works, I've been doing this for years.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 6:35 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Linda try putting some water and vinegar on the floor to soak for a while then maybe it will come up a little easier. I'll try to help when I get there. I am so sorry you are having such a hard time.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 7:17 PM on Mar. 15, 2011