not sure what to do

I feel like I am stuck in a rutt.I love God.I love going to church and reading my bible,lately I have been neglecting it.I know what I need to be doing,but it is like it seems like everytime I start doing all the right things everything bad starts happening to me.I know it is not God making these things happen,but in the back of my mind I keep convincing myself it is.I want the joy back that I once had about God and my church family I just can't seem to do it.I pray everyday and it seems like he is not listening.I see so many bad people getting by so easy and my family has to struggle with everything.Health,Finances,and sometimes even happiness.I don't really know what my question is,but I could really use some advice.

wifey2006

Asked by wifey2006 at 10:50 AM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Keep reminding yourself that joy is a choice! We are to be joyful in ALL situations. It's not easy, but we as Christian know our reward is not in this lifetime, but the next. God is not making those bad things happen, but He is paying attention to how you deal with them. He wants us to turn to Him and be joyful in spite of difficulties. Think of it this way, if Satan is putting stumbling blocks in your path, you must be doing something right! If he was leaving you alone, it would mean that you were no threat to his evil purposes! Don't be too hard on yourself, we all go through these slumps! As long as you stay strong and keep turning back to God's promise to never leave you or forsake you, you will make it through! I'll say a prayer for you!

Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 11:20 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I agree with PP. Now is when you need him the most. If you feel that you are in a rut, perhaps you should try another church or another pastor. Sometimes we just need a little Jump start...
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 11:30 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• You cant pray to God for things to just happen. For example, you can pray for God to give you paitents, but do you think he will give it? No , but he will give you an opportunity to be patient. Pray for God to give you an opporunity to be happy, and he will give it. ? is, are you willing to make the best of that moment? . Hang in there. I also agree with the other laadies, now is the time when we need to be closer to him the most.
    aMbeR012005

Answer by aMbeR012005 at 11:42 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Whenever we are doing what God wants, Satan will come in and try to sway us. Keep on praying, studying and praising ! ( Read Galatians 6:9; James 4:7,8) Don't give up because the enemy is after you, this is what he wants! Just added you to my prayer list.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 11:54 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• James 4:8 draw close to god,and he will draw close to you...
    Nikkisabella

Answer by Nikkisabella at 12:06 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• God is a job title, not a name! See if another religion fits you better. There are lots of gods, and lots of options! Take your pick! If you have any questions about Wicca, please feel free to PM me. Good luck with the gods!
    BabyCatchinMama

Answer by BabyCatchinMama at 1:09 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Joy is a state of mind. Choose it.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 2:48 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• You have the right God. It's not a good idea to try other faiths, they all lead to dead ends. The bible is God's true living word, stick to it. Sometimes we go through trials and temptations and Satan definately wants to confuse us and get us off of God's will for our lives. Sometimes there may be an unknown sin in our lives or something that we do know about. Praying and asking the Holy Spirit to reveal this to you is a great start. If there's nothing in your life that's doesn't line up with God then it could be a test of faith, like God did with Job. The Devil comes to kill, steal, and destroy and if you (we) give into him then he will be laughing with joy. Jesus, died for our sins and nothing that you or we do will change that. Everything is forgivable by God except the blasphemy of the Holy Ghost.
    T.C.38

Answer by T.C.38 at 3:25 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• i agree with Lexylex
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 3:38 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• You are doing OK don't beet yourself up just remember that guilt and condemnation come from the devil-- God will poor His love down on you don't let the devil steel your JOY get the Word out and read all that it says about you before you know it you will feel encouraged as God takes you higher than you've ever been. God is your provider remind the devil that he is under your feet and that you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you.
    TalithaStarry

Answer by TalithaStarry at 6:15 PM on Nov. 24, 2008