Just for fun What color do you you think babys eyes would be if the dad has real light blue and the mom has dark eyes just curious to see what people may guess.

Genetics DNA what color eyes do you think baby would have if the dad and his side except for his mom have light eyes and you have dark eyes but you family has both? I'm just curious what people may guess this is just for fun.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• The father of my child has brown and I have light blue. Our son has brown
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 4:54 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• hard to say, but probally the darker because my one niece is half mexican and has dark eyes and my other niece is part peru and has dark eyes also, so i guess it depends how dark the eyes are.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 4:55 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• the darker is usually the dominant and lighter is recessive. that being said though my DH has brown eyes, I have blue and only one of our three daughters has his eye color! =)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:55 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• but my Dad has brown eyes and my Mom has blue and all seven of us kids have blue except one brother.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 4:56 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• MAybe something like this. Light with a dark center...

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:57 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Usually the darker side is dominant.... But then again, both my parents and brother have dark hair and brown eyes, and I have blonde hair and green eyes, go figure.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:06 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I'll let you know in October lol.
    My husband has bright blue eyes. I have dark brown. On my side of the family my dad has dark brown almost black eyes (Japanese) while my mom has blue eyes. Out of the seven of us kids, most of us have brown a couple have hazel. Though mine are the darkest.
    I'm interested to see how my baby's eyes will look but I'm leaning towards he/she having brown eyes. Husband also has blond hair and mine is a dark brown... lol complete opposites, but then I have my mom's side of the family gene pool so who knows.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 5:14 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Brown eyes have a dominant gene and blue/lighter eyes are recessive. So unless either of your parents had lighter or blue eyes your brown eyes will probably trump him blue eyed genes
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 5:34 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Ha Brown is NOT dominant in our family. I am mexican and african american and have brown eyes. My husband is white and has blue eyes. BOTH our boys have blues eyes.

momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 5:40 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• that happened to me and my son has both there are days that they are light blue then other days dark blue then the weirds day are when they have both at the same time
    goobersmom713

Answer by goobersmom713 at 6:35 PM on Mar. 15, 2011