Miscarriage or weird period? adult content

I have the copper IUD so my periods are a little on the heavy side now. I've gotten kind of used to it. But this month's period was definitely weird. It started a couple days early and I bled super lightly (not normal) for the day- but it tapered off and I didn't bleed at all day #2. Then day 3 the super light bleeding resumed and again tapered off, so that I wasn't bleeding by the time I went to bed. Then I started a normal period (heavier with clots) from days 4-6. On day 6 I had a weird clot that was flesh colored and about the size of a dime (really rough guess). So does this sound like just a weird period or a possible miscarriage? I had no cramping at all so I'm confused, since I heard that miscarriages are really painful. And I know (now) that I should've called my gyno, but this was last week so I don't even think she could do anything now (testing wise).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:54 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It's impossible to tell for sure at this point, but it could very well have been an early miscarriage. This happens more often than people think, because most of the time, women just assume it's their period. Of course, it's not completely unheard of for a period to be a little different than usual every now and then...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:19 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• with draw bleeding (your period) was there any tissue that same out?? like strings of tissue or gray colored tissue or clorts??

wheni was pregnant with my son, i started bleeding at 9 weeks very heavy and all of a sudden, i had no cramping at all. my son suvived but my doctor thought i would have been pregnant with twins and just lost one baby because of how much i was bleeding and how big of clots i was passing. before my ultrasound they said there was no way the baby could have suvived theat much bleeding but my son was a fighter.
    Kambrosino07

Answer by Kambrosino07 at 6:56 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• There was stringy clots but not grey. Mostly purple except for the weird flesh colored 1.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:48 AM on Mar. 16, 2011