Pediatrition

I'm 38 weeks amd still haven't picked a doctor for my baby:( I got a few reccomendatons from the nurse at my Docs office but I'm still not sure how to go about picking one...any advice?

patientlyw8ing

Asked by patientlyw8ing at 11:01 AM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You want a Ped who has the same ideas as you concerning parenting. It would be good if you could make a consultation appointment with the Ped you think you might like.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 11:05 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• first call them and find out if they take your insurence? Then see if they are taking any new patients cuz sometimes they arnt that should help narrow it down. Then really all you can do is pick one and if you dont like them which you can ususaly tell with in the first visit you can swtich. ask family and friends who they use to. My sons pediatrician was recomended by my aunt who took her son to her.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 11:06 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I found a doctor that shared my beliefs. My friend actually works for him and recommended him. I didn't even find him until my son was 3 weeks old. We had our first appointment at 1 month. I am kinda sad to be moving and have to get a new doc.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:20 AM on Nov. 24, 2008