Do you think the Special k diet is healthy?

a don't think it is but i was wondering if you knew anything about it, i guess you eat cereal in the morning and afternoon, but can have a fruit and or yogurt with those then a meat and a salad for dinner. that just doesn't seem like alot of calories within a day.

jenn4443

Asked by jenn4443 at 5:01 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Health

• No, you lose weight cuz you're not eating.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 5:15 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• No, definitely not. In fact, the emphasis on grains for purposes of eating a healthy diet is so far off the mark. Sugar and carbs (which quickly convert to sugar without enough protein and fat) wreak havoc on your system and will cause more hunger than it will curb because it messes with insulin levels.
    Anonymous

• as much as i love cereal, it wasn't the right diet for me. i was starving on it! i agree that it doesn't provide enough calories.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:02 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• It sounds like a lot of carbs, and not a lot of protein. When I think of a diet, I think the other way around. More like making healthier decisions as opposed to limiting my food intake.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 5:23 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Most definitely not healthy.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 5:05 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• No. A big bowl of sugar and carbs is probably the worst thing someone could eat.
    LadyMommaDukes

Answer by LadyMommaDukes at 5:17 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I've never found cereal to be very filling. I can eat like several bowls in a row,just because there isn't much substance to it.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 5:18 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• My personal opinion: Eat what you want when you want (Within reason) and excersize. Do'nt do the "Diet" thing because.. lets just say you go on a meat diet.. you are going to be craving other things and that makes it harder on you, and you will be craving other things becasue you are not getting the right amount of energy (Vitamins/fuel) out of your diet.
    If you want a guide on what you should eat, follow the food pyramid, you can't go wrong. However remember that one persons body chemistry is completely different from everyone elses. What is good for you could kill the person next to you, and so on, do what comes natural to you. =)
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 10:16 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• i am a firm believer that 3 meals a day and water for beverage it the key to healthy weight loss.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 1:54 AM on Mar. 16, 2011