What shampoo do you recommend to tame poofy hair?

My hair is sooooo poofy! How can I get it to lay flat? I have use flat irons but they don't work good.

matthew9_22

Asked by matthew9_22 at 5:01 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Any shampoo will do BUT the right conditioner will make all the difference. I use Alto Bella ClayPay Moisturizer in Lemon; works great on my very thick, slightly wavy, prone to go poofy/frizzy, hair.
    Anonymous

• look for a smoothing shampoo, Paul Mitchell makes a good one.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 5:04 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• you also probally need a smoothing cream to use before you flat iron it, i have naturally curly hair so if i do not use something it will look awful.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 5:05 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Its all about what you put on your hair before you flat iron. Go to a salon and check out how they do it and what they use.

Answer by gemgem at 5:14 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• first get a GOOD ceramic flat iron.. not a cheap plated one.. that makes a BIG diff..
    use a quality shampoo like joico, paul brown, redkin, etc.. the joico k pac in great imo.
    protein treatments are great as well.. oh and how do you normally style? do you blowdry? and how? you should be blowdrying pointing the nozzle down the shaft from roots to end until mostly dry not bone dry. be sure to use a thermal protectant straigtening gel before styling
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:18 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I believe it is not the shampoo but the use of the proper conditioner that will help with this problem.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:03 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I have curly curly curly frizzy hair and I found Living Proof, No frizz shampoo and conditioning cream with their styling cream works really well. It is the only thing I've ever found that really made a difference in my hair. You can find it at Sephora - search for living proof products.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 5:15 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Are you talking about curly hair? Or freezy hair?

Answer by louise2 at 5:16 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I have curly curly hari, and frizzy spit ends. I use redkeon, shampooe ,a dn Conditoner. I hade some healt problems about 4 years ago. My Stylest told me it wold help. You can get it at a Beaty Salon, or at Wal - Mart Beaty Salon.
    Sw_Dolphin

Answer by Sw_Dolphin at 5:27 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I actually love Pantene Pro V. It's a VERY good and high quality shampoo and conditioning set. I also recommend doing deep conditioners and hot oil treatments weekly.

It also depends on why your hair is poofy or frizzy. If you have curly or hair, comb it in the shower. Avoid brushing/picking/teasing your hair. Do not blow dry until it's about 70% air dried, and when you do use a diffuser. You will notice immediate results.

GL
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 6:47 PM on Mar. 15, 2011