Garlic toast

is there any way to make garlic toast... sans garlic butter? im making chicken parmesan tonight and really want to make some but realized im out of garlic butter! i have regular butter, minced garlic, garlic powder & salt. would it be possible to use butter and just mix it with some minced garlic for the same outcome?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 5:32 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I ALWAYS make my own garlic bitter. Just allow the butter to get room temp & mix in chopped garlic. You can even use garlic powder, but nothing works better than fresh garlic IMO.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:38 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• i just put margarine and garlic powder on italian bread and bake them in the oven until crispy
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 5:35 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Melt the margarine in a saucepan with either finely minced garlic or garlic powder, brush on the bread then toast.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 5:34 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I just butter mine and sprinkle garlic powder and italian sesoning on it
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:39 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• i make garlic Toast all the time when we have an itialain dish. I just butter the bread up, and put Garlic Powder or salt (they do make Garlic bread sprinkle) and i then put cheese on it and put it in the oven for 10mins or until cheese is melted and bread is like a golden brown to it
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 5:50 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• *margarine* actually.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 5:32 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• thanks ladies. i have a toaster oven so this should work perfectly =) yum!!!
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 5:36 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• thanks everyone!!!!! i basically did samurai's suggestion, i mixed minced garlic into my softened margarine and spread it onto some slices of bread. i sprinkled a bit of paprika & oregano on top & popped it into my toaster oven for about 10 minutes. IT WAS SOOO GOOD! i dont think ill waste money on garlic butter anymore now that i can make my own =) thank you all!
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 7:09 PM on Mar. 15, 2011