What vehicle did you learn to drive in?

I first learned in my Grandpa's Tracker. I was 15 and I didn't have my learners yet, but my dad wanted to teach me anyway. My Grandpa lives in a town where the roads aren't even paved... so it didn't really matter that I couldn't legally drive. I drove for maybe 30 minutes and never again.
I'm 22 now and have had my learners for nearly a year - sad, I know. My best friend and I went car shopping yesterday, and now he really wants to get a 2011 Dodge truck. It's not a huge truck, but it's definitely no car. He's going to be the one to teach me to drive, if he gets this truck - he's got a license, but his car broke down over a year ago & he hasn't replaced it yet. I'll be scared to learn in a truck... but hey, I'll finally be learning!

So I'm wondering... what kind of vehicle did you learn to drive in?

AdensMama0308

Asked by AdensMama0308 at 5:35 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Just for Fun

• 1987 Dodge Dakota--a hand me down, hand me down, hand me down--that more truck was run ragged......
    PrincessStacy

Answer by PrincessStacy at 6:07 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• My mom had a new CRX I drove it to learn and then for the first year I had my license.

Answer by gemgem at 5:36 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• a toyota RAV4.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:37 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• an old beater truck that my dad and uncle used to pull wagons to the grain elevetor
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 5:40 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• My first car was a Mustang, so I learned to drive in that. It had a lot of "oomph", so when I got pregnant and bought a Honda Civic, it was wayyy different to not be able to just press the gas and get up to speed quickly, like, merging onto highways and stuff, Haha
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 5:40 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• A 12 seat purple monster... lol and no it didn't make driving large vehicles any easier, in fact it traumatized me so the largest vehicle I'll drive is my Jeep Liberty which to me is huge lol.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 5:40 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• My then bf, now dh, taught me to drive in his mazda b4000. It was standard.. i liked driving a standard once I got the hang of it.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 5:43 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Some 80's model Ford Mercury.
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 5:44 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• An old pickup with a manual transmission. At about the age of 12.
    Mom2Just1Kiddo

Answer by Mom2Just1Kiddo at 5:44 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• well drivers ed had chevy corisica and my first car was a honda CRX which i loved. that little thing would gain speed up a steep hill. i had alot of fun in it. too my drivers test with it and it was manual so i learned both manual and auto before i got my license.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 5:46 PM on Mar. 15, 2011