if your first sonogram , the sack is very small does that mean it a tubical pregnancy?

Or does it just mean i'm in real early pregnancy!

jgmomma2b

Asked by jgmomma2b at 10:23 AM on Jul. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• The correct term is "Tubal Pregnancy" and if the U/S tech didn't tell your doctor that your pregnancy is tubal, then it is a pretty safe bet that it isn't a tubal and you are just early in your pregnancy. Tubal pregnancies are in your fallopian tubes, not your uterus, and it is VERY apparent and your doctor would have alerted you to this in order to treat it, as a ruptured fallopian tube (an eventual occurance with an untreated tubal pregnancy) is nothing to fool around with.
    mykidsmom75067

Answer by mykidsmom75067 at 11:26 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• no you are just an early pregnancy. When I was pregnant with my twins the first ultrasound showed 2 sacs but one did not have a yolk or any sign of a fetus. My dr told me it would probably not be a viable baby but to come back in a week to check for sure(not to mention the longest week of my life). I went back and sure enough I had two sacs and two babies.
    tfmmpmmdmmom

Answer by tfmmpmmdmmom at 11:28 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I forgot to mention I was 2 weeks along at my first ultrasound.
    tfmmpmmdmmom