I could really use some advice.....

Im a 22 yr old mom of one and my husband and I have been ttc for about three months now. It has been very dificult in the past to try for another baby simply bc my periods are always different each month. There for a little while, I wasnt even getting them but now were on month 4 of getting my period every month. The last 2 cycles have been farely short, around 3 weeks and thats from the time I started to the next time my period comes. Any ways, my last period started on Oct. 24th and today is now Nov. 24th. Thats a whole month and about a week past my average cycle.

LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Asked by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 11:21 AM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Continued... My husband and I only had sex one time this past month and that was on Nov. 2nd. We really werent trying very hard bc my periods are normally too crazy to even tell when Im ovulating. Just FYI, my husband and I got pregnant with our son when we only had sex twice that month but that was after trying for about a yr. We pretty much got pregnant when we stopped trying so hard. Im going to take a test but not untill friday, I just want to make sure that I really think Im pregnant. I have taken a test and then right after that, on the same day I got my period. Is there any advice you ladys can give me based on the info. that I provided. Thanks so much for reading.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 11:23 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I think you can test, but if it turns out negative, then I think you should consider using a basal body thermometer so you can determine when you are ovulating each month. Most women get pregnant in the 2 days leading up to ovulation and the day of. If you don't know exactly what day that is, then you can easily miss it!

If you have any questions about basal body temp, or the calendar method, let me know. I used it to get prego with baby #2 (I'm 5 weeks now. =)
    RCook

Answer by RCook at 11:57 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• How do you use the basal body thermometer and where do I buy it? How much are they?
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 12:03 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• You need to be having alot MORE sex!!! 2 times a month? Whats that about LOL... my hubby would be going crazy.. I'm not talking about every day.. 2 times a week is good enough! But Good Luck to you!
    Anonymous

• Sorry we dont get to have sex everyday or any where near that. Doesnt matter though cause like I said we got pregnant when we only had sex twice that month and we werent even really trying at that point any more. Really you could have sex all you want but the day that your ovulating is all that matters... so if you miss that then no baby. Also when you have sex everday, it lowers the strength of the sperm so not always the best answer. Thanks for the advice though, if were not pregnant this time then Im going to try the basil thermometer and see how that works.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 1:14 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• you can buy bbt's at walgreens or walmart or target. you don't have to use a bbt though you can use a regular digital thermometer too. you take your temp every morning before you wake up. its the first thing you do before you got pee and before you even talk. but make sure you take after three consecutive hours of sleep to get the best reading. you can use www.fertilityfriend.com to track your temps. its also a good idea to track your cervical fluid as well. you can pm me if you have some questions.
    sterlids

Answer by sterlids at 2:45 PM on Nov. 24, 2008