Any ideas for stocking stuffers?

I have the worst time coming up with stocking stuffers for my family, any ideas? My husband, and two boys 6 and 7 mos

prettyeyedmommy

Asked by prettyeyedmommy at 11:25 AM on Nov. 24, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I love the dollar store for stocking stuffers. They have everything at my local dollar tree. I like the cute toddler and baby socks. They do have character socks for older kids as well. If my son were six I would be thinking match box cars and those dinosaurs (tons of good dinos at dollar stores). Bubbles, coloring books, crayons, fun little snack items. For a 7mth old a small stocking for sure. He won't know. A new cute lovey to cuddle with and a fun snack for his age. Kids less than one just have no clue what Christmas is. For my husband I put in some snacks - he's a fan of cashues. I also get things like a wallet or belt or favorite after shave. Nothing big. Or some certificates from Mrs. Claus to be turned in later after the kids are in bed....
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 11:55 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Do you have a Dollar Tree in your area? They have lots of little "do-dads" for stocking stuffers.
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 11:26 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Oh yah, the $1 store is the best. Everything for $1...lol. I get everything there for stocking stuffers. Just examples, crayons, coloring books, little snacks, socks, bath supplies, little toys, you get the picture. Good luck and have fun!
    raybell

Answer by raybell at 12:47 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• For myself I do nothing but some candy, a chocolate orange and a few small things that I know the kids will like. Some suggestions for you is buying a small baby toy/teether for your baby, or maybe bathtub toys for him, your 6 year old probably would like a toy train, cars, or action figures, am unsure what your husband would like some guys are tool guys, some are like my husband gamer/computer guys, but I would suggest getting him something small in an area you know he likes that he doesn't have.

Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 1:37 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• For the 6yo: some cars,candy, a lil flashlight(kids love flashlights),trading cards,ect

For the 7mo: things he needs like baby food, a lil stuffed toy, socks,ect.

For the whole family: My dad used to put an orange in the bottom of our stockings because he liked that tradition(always talked about it) from when he was a kid and decided to keep it with us. We knew the oranges werent from Santa but we didnt care cause we "knew: the rest of the stocking was from "Santa". Also a personal note from Santa was always in our stockings. I cant believe I never noticed Santa's handwriting looked like my parent's.
    ICPclwnLOV

Answer by ICPclwnLOV at 3:08 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Every year all got toothbrushes, toothpaste (sm.), floss, pkg. of tissues, pr. of fancy or funny socks, along with the tiny toy stuff. Also big on new pencils,pens, tiny tablets,//older kids got the same with razors, perfume and make-up samples from dept. stores, Always, an orange, walnuts, & tangerine & fancified candycane.. Filled to the brim and over.
    pattecake

Answer by pattecake at 7:24 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I have to ask why so many of you say an orange? I have never heard of it before and now I am curious!
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 9:12 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Michaels craft store they have many good choices for stocking stuffers for a dollar
    momof5kidz

Answer by momof5kidz at 10:07 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Oh we always got oranges when I was a kid. :) They fill out the toe nicely. LOL! My kids wont' eat them though so we don't bother. Apples work well. (ha!) My 6 yr old is getting: Smencil (scented pencils that are apparently all the rage in his school), fun erasers, card games, small science kit, small Lego kit, Pokemon cards, baseball cards, some craft items, fishing related things, new batting gloves, word puzzle book, book marks

In the past we've also given - candy, gum, small books, yo yo, chap stick, fun toothbrushes, small toys like minicon Transformers, Little People (when they were younger), balls, etc
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 11:17 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• There is a great list posted at http://www.nhplaydates.com/id19.html

They have a lot of great ideas for any age group. They also have some links on the sides where you can get the products if you don't have time to get out (I have two boys so I did all my shopping at this site this year)
    punkrockinmomma

Answer by punkrockinmomma at 2:13 PM on Nov. 27, 2008