gall bladder

im 25 weeks pregnant and last week i had the worst pressure like feeling so i went to the hospital and they said i have alot of gall stones. has anyone else had this? what can i do to take the pain away? it hurts sometimes and i get bad back pain along with it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Avoid fatty foods. Research what you can eat to help it. My college roommate had gall stones and she avoided surgery for 2 years by following a certain diet. Overtime, her's got worse and she had to have surgery.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:42 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Laying down will cause an "attack." When you lay down the gall stones get stuck in the opening of your gall bladder and pressure builds and causes pain. You should stand up or sit up as much as possible, especially when you get an attack-do not lay down. Standing up will not cause immediate relief-it will still take a little while for the stones to settle back down into your gall bladder. Try to bear with the pain and avoid pain medication that can cause harm to your baby. I dealt with my pain and had a healthy pregnancy and had my gall bladder removed with a simple operation after my daughter was born. My friend rushed it and took pain medication and her son was born premature and was in the NICU for 6 weeks...........good luck......they will probably take it out after your baby is born.......arthroscopically (scopes) instead of large incisions-best operation EVER-it stops all the attacks.......don't miss it at all :)
    Tricia19

Answer by Tricia19 at 11:46 AM on Nov. 24, 2008