32 WEEK FEAR

SO THIS IS MY 1ST CHILD, I HAVE THIS WEIRD WORRY THAT THE BABY IS GOING TO WRAP THE CORD AROUND HIS NECK AND CHOKE AND DIE AND I WILL NOT KNOW..... IS THIS A NORMAL FEAR?

sassy_brizzy

Asked by sassy_brizzy at 11:40 AM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• When I was pregnant with my first child (prego with second now) I had a fear of the baby dieing all the time. But it was completely unfounded. I think all brand new mommy's have that protectiveness start coming through and so we want to protect right now! So we get scared about things that aren't probable. There can be situations like you described, but it isn't probable. So try not to worry. Everything is going to be fine! =)
    RCook

Answer by RCook at 11:43 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• thats my exact fear =[
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• With my first baby the cord was wrapped around her neck when i was giving birth but didn't find out till after i had her. I guess the doctor didn't want me to freak out but she came out just fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I had the same fear and when I had my first son the cord was wrapped around his neck, they just cut it right away before he was completely out. My second son did not and my last did. I think it's more common than not but don't make yourself worry sick. As long as your baby is active he or she will be OK.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Fear is normal. Babies are active and move alot. Honestly, I have never heard of a baby choking on their cord.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:52 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Oh lord, I'm 36 weeks and I'm TERRIFIED of that happening. I've read a lot of stories of poor moms that have had that happen to them in the third trimester. I can't imagine how horrible that would be, gah. Just keep doing your kick counts and try and stay calm. What will be will be...but you'll probably be just fine =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:55 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• My sister had the cord wrapped around her neck three times. She had trouble decending into the birth canal but she came out fine and is a perfectly healthy and stubborn 15 year old. from what I have heard most babies have the cord wrapped around some part of their body. My oldest had the cord wrapped once around her neck and she is fine. As long as their is not a knot in the cord or something that would prevent the blood in the cord from flowing to the baby so He/she is still getting oxygen your baby should be fine.
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 12:41 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I guess I'm the odd one out. I'm 32 weeks pregnant with my first and this has never crossed my mind. I feel him move everyday and if I think something might be wrong we always ring a bell or squeak a ball around my belly and he seems to respond. I'm definately going to bring this up when I go in for my appointment on the 1st to see what the probability is that he can be injured in the womb from this type of ordeal.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 2:47 PM on Nov. 24, 2008