How long did your kid use a booster?

We bought a booster seat after getting rid of the highchair at year one. Now I've taken the booster with me on trips and my 21/2 yr old hates it. She hates being strapped in. She would rather kneel down on the chair and eat like a "big girl." (her words.) She will even refuse to sit in one at restaurants. Her table manners are good (for her age) and she doesn't get down or run around or play at the table. (ok she will color on the kids mats) so is there any reason NOT to get rid of this? Is there a safety reason I just don't know about?
She is roughly 35 lbs and almost 31/2 feet tall if this matters.

elizabooks

Asked by elizabooks at 6:02 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We never used one. DD just sits on her feet. I think the boosters are dangerous - not very sturdy.
    Mom2Just1Kiddo

Answer by Mom2Just1Kiddo at 6:05 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• My daughter was only willing to use one for about three months. I don't think theyre is any safety advantage; I would just ditch it.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:08 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• We never really used one with all 5 kids

Answer by gemgem at 6:16 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• my kid is 2 he sits on his knees he likes being a big boy
    Patience909

Answer by Patience909 at 9:31 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• My son will be 3 in June (and currently weighs 28ish pounds) and hasn't used a booster seat for months! He has big sisters and wants to be like them!!!! So I let him!!! We still expect that he sits at the table w/ us and it isn't permission to roam free during dinner time!
    dragonflylovr19

Answer by dragonflylovr19 at 9:55 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Wanted to add that if we still had our high top table he would have been in it longer just for the safety benefit! Though we have never had any issues with falling.
    dragonflylovr19

Answer by dragonflylovr19 at 9:57 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Ok then. Thank you. I've had inlaws saying that she has to be in the booster seat and more or less shouting at me because I won't force her.
    elizabooks

Comment by elizabooks (original poster) at 10:09 PM on Mar. 15, 2011