How will they know

my grand mother past away 2 years ago on the 24th my self and my sister are the only one who really new her out of the grand kids. i have a 3 year old cousin and i am about to have her first grand child that she never got to meet. i want them to know who there grandma was/is how would i do that. any sugestions.

we are puting and antique lap in our sons room that my grand mother had gotten when my mom was little. but what else can i do?

blinkys11

Asked by blinkys11 at 6:25 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• My grandma died in 2002, my dd was born in 2005 and shes named after her. She asks me about her all the time because she is aware how she got her name. I got a scrapbook for her and put it together with photos of my grandma. I also got various photos of both my dd and my grandma wearing similar things or doing similar things and put them in frames side by side. It inspires my dd to ask questions and I can tell her stories about my grandma.

Answer by gemgem at 6:32 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Show them pictures and tell them what kind of person she was through your experiences with her...Maybe even make a simple book up about her to share later...
    The lamp is a great idea. Maybe other things she might have passed on...
    I never met my grandfather from Poland, who was a coal miner in Indiana. He died when my mom was 14, leaving behind a wife and 12 other kids...
    We have pictures of him and my mom has told me many stories about him and what a great relationship she had with him singing in the choir...She also has shared that he was so happy to be here he learned to speak English without an accent. I have looked up Poznan, Poland on the computer to get a feel where he was from. Even last night on House Hunters a girl was searching for a study place in Poland!!!!!
    The best things are things are things they can touch, see and hear from you that keeps her spirit alive!!!!!
    VeronicaTex

Answer by VeronicaTex at 6:35 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Make a photo album or scrapbook all about her. Write things about her personality on some pages and have a lot of photos of her in it. The 3 year old could even help with it maybe?
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:43 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Pictures and home movies (if you have them)

We show DD pictures and video of her grandma, and my DH talks about his mom all the time with DD. We'll do the same with DS as he ages.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 7:57 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• you guys are awsome
    blinkys11

Comment by blinkys11 (original poster) at 8:29 PM on Mar. 15, 2011