How can i get my son to poop in the potty!? he does great peeing in there but the pooping is out the pic.

effie777

Asked by effie777 at 11:47 AM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Make playdoh poop and have playtime with him where a favorite teddy poops in the potty. You can really ham it up... have teddy run around, looking for the right place to poop. It does help, though it takes time.

My daughter is also refusing to poop on the potty. I have a sticker chart for her - if she makes a "deposit" of any size, she gets a sticker. So far she's earned 4 stickers, each "deposit" was about a 1/2 teaspoon.
    She also gets a couple of M&M's for each deposit and for each attempt. If she sits on the potty and really tries but finally asks for a diaper, I praise her for trying to go poop in the potty and give her the M&Ms.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:16 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I had the same problem with my son he was almost 4 before he got it but what i did was put him in big boy underpants and told him if you poo poo in these you have to clean them and when he pooped in them i put him in the tub started some water and told him to clean himself up after that he never pooped in his pants again.
    mom81167

Answer by mom81167 at 2:34 PM on Nov. 24, 2008