Anyone else have a Mirena scare?

I recently had a MIA period and I have Mirena..I tried to recall missing one before and couldn't. Then I remembered ah ha, I had one before, years ago. I got excited for nothing. I was not preggers in the end. JUST LIKE THIS TIME...I was a little sad about it the first time because I didn't know the risk involved with being preggers and on Mirena, I found out that risk this past MIA period and was terrified. I was relieved and laughing all at once, I made an Appt at my doctor; got there and went to pee in the cup, and low and behold mother nature showed up and showed off. My period!!! yayyyy! Well needless to say given I have been on Mirena 4 years and 7 months I wanted it out. There is no need in TTC while on it and why wait 5 more months to remove it right? right! So with just the little spotting, my doctor removed it. yay us! So we are going to wait a couple months then TTC.

Anyhow, with all that said kmsl, has anyone else gone through anything similar to what I have just gone through? If so, how did it pan out? What were you feeling? Thanks for reading and thanks to those who can answer...have a good one.

BurpleNurples

Asked by BurpleNurples at 6:47 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I just wonder... did you doctor give you any info about the mirena before putting it in? Sounds to me he/she didnt. I was told all of these things before they putting it in. Being... its very harmful if you get pregnant on it, that you could miss periods of have your periods go away completly or just spot. Its normal for the mirena. I do have a question for you though. Do you go through I guess you could call them withdraws, like your hormonds go crazy after getting it taken out? I heard it does sometimes... and I want to know what Im looking at when I get mine taken out.
    mlkmylove

Answer by mlkmylove at 4:30 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• To: Mlkmylove

I remember sitting down with my doctor prior to the Mirena and discussing a lot of things, it was so long ago I can't even remeber the whole conversation. He gave me a booklet on it also, so I had the information. Who knows why I even forgot, I almost forgot that I had Mirena given I didnt have to take a pill. lol I had no side effects, periods were normal (except twice). Well the removal of it wasn't bad and hasn't been bad so far. I got it taken out 3/14/11. No mood swings or going nuts. I think it increases sex drive though, so if thats the hormones going crazy thing you are referring to, then yes, its all true!!! (I love it) you will turn into a horny toad and try to seduce your DH at the drop of a hat! KMSL... I have been logging daily how I have been feeling and whats been going on with my body post Mirena; and thats what I have noticed. I am not having any problems or drawbacks what so ever.
    BurpleNurples

Comment by BurpleNurples (original poster) at 2:14 PM on Mar. 25, 2011