Mirena I.U.D Question... adult content

Question: Anyone on Mirena or has once been on Mirena, gotten brownish discharge or a thick yellowish-red discharge after sexual experiences or in between? My BF and I do not use anything for protection aside from my Mirena. I have been noticing these types o discarge since we have been sleeping together the past month and a 1/2. I doubt I am pregnant but, just curious as to why I get the redish yellow and/or brownish discharge after we sleep together or just inbetween. No weird smells.

CandyHorse

Asked by CandyHorse at 7:04 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Health

• i had a lot of problems with mirena. i had the discharge you're describing. i also had abnormal periods and bled for about 3 weeks out of a month off and on. the doctors had to check to make sure it hadn't caused me to become anemic. it also caused terrible pain while having sex. this was because the mirena caused my cervix to become inflamed. i got it taken out years ago and still have the pain, though it's not as bad. the sooner you get it taken out, the better it will be for you. since then i've been using nuva ring and have had no problems with it. it regulates my period so that it starts on the same day every month and ends on the same day. i also tried the shot and gained about 20 pounds. i've lost 10 of those but unfortunately, that stuff can take years to completely empty your system.
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 2:26 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I personally never had that when I had Mirena in. In fact, I never had a period or any discharge the whole time I had it in. But, every women is different b/c I know women who had the Mirena and still had periods. If in doubt, call your doctor.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 7:14 PM on Mar. 15, 2011