don't know what to do!!!

I've been dating my boyfriend for a year and half. we enjoy doing the same things, but he has this problem of clamming up. Not telling me what his feelings are. Just not a commuicator. We talk, but not commuincating talk. Stuff like sports, where we are going to eat or go out. But not serious or emotional stuff. I don't think i stand this much longer. Would you stay with someone who just clams up? He was this way with his ex wife too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Relationships

• thats just who he is honey and i know it sucks, its like pulling teeth to get my husband to open up just a little, but he was like this when we were dating so when i married him it was no big surprise. If you dont like it, tell him and go from there.
    cobysmom151

Answer by cobysmom151 at 12:00 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Honey he's a man, you just described 90% of men!
    Anonymous

• That is not true 90% of men..My fiance can communicate...my brothers communicate.. some of my X's communicate..but as for your BF he is showing you who he is..I have broken up with someone in the past for the same exact reason..You need someone who can talk..talk about almost everything...it is the life line of a relationship,,,without that you really have nothing.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 12:08 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• i've been there... everyone is capable of talking about their feelings, even men, no matter how difficult or painful or unpracticed. since you are capable, tell him that you feel like your relationship cannot be completely intimate, real, or grow unless he starts sharing feelings and talking about things that matter to you. be specific in what you want to know. when hubby realized he needed to learn to get in touch with his feelings if we were going to continue to have a relationship, he figured it out. you could point out that this was a factor in his divorce in a way that just says we know this is a problem, not like it was all his fault, and say you want to avoid that and ask how you can help make it easier for him to talk.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:08 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• If you want a man who you can talk to,about anything. It doesn't sound like he is the one for that. This is when you make these type of decisions in a relationship, before marriage. Can you handle this. Lack of cummunication for the rest of your life.

Answer by louise2 at 12:10 PM on Nov. 24, 2008