Who is buying this crap?

I say Kudos to CBS for a change. This is the most pathetic display of defending this adm that I have see to date.

Is the President satisfied to follow, not lead, on deciding whether to do it?

MR. CARNEY: I take issue with the characterization. We think it is precisely because the President believes that the best outcome in a situation like we see in Libya, as we have seen in different forms in other countries in the region, that the best outcome will come when the action taken by countries -- third-party countries outside of the country where the unrest is happening -- be done in consensus with international partners, precisely so that it is not viewed by those who oppose positive democratic reform as the dictate of the West or the United States.

Q But wouldn't it be fair to say -- accurate to say the United States is still sitting on the fence on this? Isn't it time to make a decision, yes or no?

MR. CARNEY: Well, Chip, you tell me if as an American citizen would you want your President not to consider all the implications and ramifications of taking military action.

Q Doesn't there come a point to make a -- where you have to make a decision?

MR. CARNEY: And I would go back to what I said to Jill, that we have acted with great haste, and we have coordinated international -- led and coordinated an international response, the likes of which the world has never seen in such a short period of time. And we have -- we continue to consult with our international partners. We meet -- we have met with, as the Secretary of State did, with the Libyan opposition discussing new ways we can put pressure on Qaddafi.

And when it comes to considering military options, this President will always be mindful of what the mission, should it be engaged, what it entails, the risks that it poses to our men and women in uniform, and its likelihood of having the kind of impact that we set out for it to have. And that is his responsibility as Commander-in-Chief.

And I would suggest to you that that is what leadership is all about.

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/jay-carney/2011/03/15/white-house-obliterated-briefing-doesnt-there-come-point-where-you-have-make-d#ixzz1GiFbYm6j

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 7:12 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I can think of a few here on CM who have bought it...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:20 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Pathetic, is an understatement!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:21 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

Me too.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 7:26 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• – collapse
    ^^war mongers^^
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:43 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• Unfortunately I think quite a few are buying it
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 8:59 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

Answer by DSamuels 33 minutes ago

Agreed...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 9:34 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

•  

They have their own club.....

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:58 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Priceless!
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:32 AM on Mar. 16, 2011