Why are men sooooo confusing?

So I met this guy. We did the email thing for a bit. Then chatted on FB for a bit before exchanging numbers. Then we txt for a bit. I would say about 2 weeks of messaging before actually talking on the phone. Then we talked, then met and had dinner and talked for a few hours our first date. Then the next week was the same messaging and talking. For the majority of these messages he would txt me early before going to work to say Good Morning and some through out the day. And always before bed to say Good Night. Saw him for an evening again, then he left for vacation. We talked A LOT during his vacation, that he instigated. A lot of saying I wish you were here, etc. When he came back from vacation I met him that day at his house. He even gave me the code to get into the house. Spent the afternoon with him before picking up my kids from daycare. The next day was Saturday and he got his one daughter. Then on Sunday he got his stepdaughter (he still has shared custody of her because he has been in her life for 11 years now). I did get a txt Sunday night saying it was a long day, he had caught his daughter sending nude pix of herself to her boyfriend, she is 15. Then yesterday I txt him a short thing about my exercise workout (we are both runners) and he did return my txt later. Haven't heard a thing from him since. I know he is busy getting back to the swing of things, stuff with his girls. But even when he had his girls for the month before all this there was a lot more communication. I am not going to msg him or txt him.....as much as I want. I'm not sure what happened, if I am reading into it too much. Things were great, getting to know one another on an emotional level by talking all those weeks. It seemed like we are very compatable and I want to persue dating and see if a relationship comes of it.
Why do guys all at once, with no warning, back off???? What and when should I contact him again?? Any suggestions? I am confused and lost LOL

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:13 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• Give him some time. Men are from Mars...remember? Maybe he feels overwhelmed with things right now. I tend to get focused on certain things and forget to call my girls. I neglect my SO, though I don't mean to. We all get focused on problems. Wait a day or two. Text him that you miss your talks. Hopefully he will call you. Be open to whatever happens. Try not to forsee (force) the outcome. Take it as it comes.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 7:22 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• just calm down and give it a couple days. He may have lost or broke his phone. There may be some issues going on with his daughters too. Give it a couple days then send him a message saying hey and if u still get no responce leave it alone
    his88angel

Answer by his88angel at 7:19 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Give it some time. I'd just text something simple like Good Morning and wait.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:26 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I agree with Meooma just text good morning, or hey or something else trivial...if you don't get a response in a few days just move on....guys are weird and they do weird things...I don't think we'll ever be able to figure them out. Good luck mama
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 7:56 PM on Mar. 15, 2011