What colors would you choose?

I am trying to liven up my kitchen and living room by choosing new paint colors. There is not a lot of wall space in the kitchen, mostly over and under cabinets. The living room, though, is ALL wall space. lol I was thinking of a light but bright green for the kitchen, and a blue for the living room, but I'm not really sure. What would you choose?

Edit: My flooring is offwhite stone tile with dark grey grout, and my couch is dark red/maroon. My other living room furniture is black. Same floor in the kitchen. I'm just tired of beige and white. lol

lovingmy4babies

Asked by lovingmy4babies at 7:17 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I like the wall color choices but I don't think they would go with your maroon couch - I would get slipcovers for your furniture.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:46 PM on Mar. 16, 2011

• My whole house is a really pretty light blue, chocolate brown and cream.....I might have overdone it making the whole house those colors but they are very soothing to me...so yeah...thats my vote lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 7:39 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• A nice grey on the walls would look nice, and you could even do one wall a deeper shade then the rest. greys and maroons always look great together
    LovelyC

Answer by LovelyC at 5:59 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• What color is your furniture and flooring?
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 7:20 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I do white or offwhite. I'm color challenged, sorry I can't help.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:23 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Lucky209 that sounds pretty.... what about a cream or light yellow (pastelish) for the kitchen and a pastel type light green (like easter color) for living room.
    iluvmybabe

Answer by iluvmybabe at 8:21 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Scout_mom- that's what I'm thinking. Thanks for the tip!
    lovingmy4babies

Comment by lovingmy4babies (original poster) at 3:05 PM on Mar. 16, 2011