Gender equality????????

Is anyone that supports this man beginning to see a disconnect yet?

Obama Urged to Seize Reins as Crises Pile Up

A conflict approaching civil war in Libya. An end-times tsunami in Japan. A Congress that can't reach a budget.

And ... gender inequality?

The topic of President Obama's weekend radio address has raised some eyebrows, as Obama has met mounting crises with the same restraint and cool that characterized his slow-and-steady campaign for president. To some critics, the tone set by the White House in light of recent upheaval may hurt the president's public image.

Amid chaos around the world and on Capitol Hill, Obama's Saturday radio address was devoted to Women's History Month and a call to pass the Paycheck Fairness Act, a proposal meant to address the income gap between men and women. Then, the president went golfing at Andrews Air Force Base.

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 7:22 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Obama's Saturday radio address was devoted to Women's History Month and a call to pass the Paycheck Fairness Act, a proposal meant to address the income gap between men and women.

So many more important topics to talk about, he chose to discuss an issue that would put more money in the wallet of trial lawyers... And when we already have the Equal Pay Act.....  Interesting....  What is he "leading" these days?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:32 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Really?!? That's where he chose to spend his time? On an issue that has not only been beaten to death but also is so very unimportant compared to the other three things he could have discussed.

It's all about priorities, and it's clear that his priorities either aren't very clear or don't line up with the rest of America. Or both.

May-20

Answer by May-20 at 8:24 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• An excellent case of tunnel vision, I see only, what I wish to see...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 8:48 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• All he wants to do is get re-elected. He is focusing on a 'special interest' group (women) because we are so impressionable that we will vote for him because he made a speech and woman was the topic. I get paid exactly the same amount a man on my step gets paid. I get exactly the same vacation, the same benefits, and the same pension. My husband had a woman boss. She made the same as he did when they were both foresters. She got her MBA, got promoted, and made more than him. It isn't as 'unequal' as people want us to think.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:55 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Seems like a pretty trivial thing to discuss given the current state of the world.....
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:02 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Maybe he thinks if he keeps his fingers in his ears and says "lalalalalalalalalalalaal" long enough it will all just go away.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:47 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Obama's approval rating has fallen below 50%. And yes, jesse123456, there is still some degree of separation between male and female salaries especially in the smaller cities and towns. The "Good Ole Boy's Club" is just doing fine. And that is because women will not help another woman up the ladder of success. We are not the mentors we should be. And why? Because if the woman is younger and prettier, she will take your job as soon as you have taught her all you know and she will do the job for less money. Woman get old and worthless while men just get sexier. AT 62 I was let go from a job of 12 years because I was old enough to get social security and I could not sue from age discrimination because there were only 6 employees. They hired a young blond with big breats to that my job for $5.00 less an hour. And yes they wanted me to stay on and train her. Hell no. Two months later they hired a second woman to help her.

depressedmom65

Answer by depressedmom65 at 9:48 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Depressedd the is no gender inequality. It is a myth put forth to garner democrat votes fro women for democrats
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 10:06 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Obama is crashing right now. It's as if the world is going round and he is not interested in any of it (except basketball right now)
    There is always someone else doing the talking, the work and the damage control.
    They say the radio speech had been pre recorded. So? He couldn't have shelved that for another time and done it live? I certainly don't see why not do you?
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:24 AM on Mar. 16, 2011