Soo give me ur opinion on this comment from "mother-in-law" adult content

my baby dad's mom has been watching my son because i recently lost my daycare vouchers.. so shes temporarily watching him untill i get all that together... so something came up and she said she cant watch him so i said okay, ill talk to my babydaddy since he wont be busy for the next few days ,{ college spring break} i still need a sitter while i work... so any ways, shes like "i cant do it, you need to get more out of my son than dick".... wow. that hurt my feelings.. does she look at me like im a hoe? i been with this boy on and off for 7 years, hes the only person i EVER had sex with and im 21.. i know he needs to step up as a father more.. but that comment towards me was unessacary.. i think she should have directed a nasty comment towards her son {for not stepping up more} she ended up apologizing the next day via TEXT MESSAGE... why is she attacking me? goodness i was gonna buy her a gift for watching my son..

jenny2150

Asked by jenny2150 at 7:22 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• I think she's angry at her son for being a half-assed dad, and unfortunately took it out on you.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:25 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Wow! That was SUPER rude! I mean at least she realized she was out of line but I think I would keep my distance from her after that if at all possible. I'm sorry mama. Good Luck
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 7:27 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I think she was insulting him, not you.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:27 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• you shouldn't have to feel like you owe her a gift for watching her own grandchild, except being thankful of it. That comment was RUDE and unnecessary. I would have dealt with it right then-in-there, and let her have a piece of my mind. I don't think she looks at you like a hoe, considering you're sleeping with him and only him. Maybe she was just stressed out, or like me ... doesn't think before she speaks. If it happens again, i would say something in that moment, or cut ties with her.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 7:28 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• thanks ladies
    jenny2150

Comment by jenny2150 (original poster) at 7:28 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I don't take that as her calling you a hoe I think she's disappointed in her son and feels you shouldn't have to find a babysitter if her son was healthy enough to get you pregnant he should be able to take care of the child he created, it has nothing to do with you she's just fed up that her son is not doing the right thing that has to be hurtful to raise a child the best you can and when they have their own they don't wanna be responsible it makes you feel like a bad parent
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 7:28 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• i don't think she meant to attack you and it is nice of her to apologize, you should still but her that gift because i think she deserves it. i think she knows her son is not being the best father he can be and she maybe would like to see him be a better and treat you better, who knows maybe she would want to see him make an honest woman out of you. i think she said what she said out of frustration. please get her that gift and let her know how much u appreciate her.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 7:30 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I think she is frustrated and feels like she raised her son to be a better dad than he is being. Think about 20 years down the line how would you feel if your son turned out to be a dad like his is? She just took it out on the wrong person.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 7:32 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Frustration, exhaustion, stress, disappointment with her son..I'd try to let it go.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:32 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Sounds like the apple doesn't fall far from the tree to me
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:33 PM on Mar. 15, 2011