old wives tale or not?

is it true that depending on your possition during sex that you can make a girl or boy? i know sounds weird..but my bf wants a boy and i told him that if after 4 kids and there is no boy im done and hes like "no, we're having a boy no matter what it takes"

and i told him to adopt and he said no...so..is there a special way to make a boy? i have a little girl on the way...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• nope sorry to tell ya. its just a 50/50 chance every time lol. they say depending on when you ovualte and when you have sex that sometimes it helps. Iv heard if you have sex the same day you ovulate then the chances are higher its a boy if you have sex and then ovulate a day or two later chance are its a girl. but i dont know how true that is either. something about the Y chromosone swims alittle faster but wheres out quicker and the X chromosone last alittle long cuz they swim alittle slower. lol iv only heard this i dont know that its true though lol.
    Anonymous

• WELL I HAD LOOKED INTO IT. IT IS COMPLETELY DEPENDENT ON THE MALE.
    BUT SOME STUDIES HAVE SHOWN THAT FEMALE SPERM IS A SLOWER SWIMMER THAN MALE SPERM, BUT THEY SURVIVE LONGER.
    THE MALE SWIM FAST BUT DO NOT SURVIVE AS LONG.
    SO THEY SAY IF YOU USE A DEEP PENETRATION TECHNIQUE POSITION (SUCH AS DOGGY STYLE) YOU HAVE A HIGHER CHANCE OF PRODUCING A MALE. BECAUSE THE FAST SWIMMING MALE SPERM WILL FERTILIZE THE EGG 1ST.
    OR IF YOU USE A SHALLOW PENETRATION POSITION (SUCH AS MISSIONARY), THE SLOW SWIMMING FEMALE SPERM WILL MAKE THE LONGER JOURNEY TO THE EGG......

sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 12:16 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• hey thats what i heard sassy!!
    Anonymous

• I'd tell you b/f if you have 4 kids and don't get a boy then he can have the next. My God, justy tell him to be thankful for a healthy baby and not just a boy!!!! That's just silly of him. I mean I know we all want our girl or our boy but seriously.... We lost a girl at 29 weeks and are SO thankful to be givin another girl, we realized after that that it really doesn't matter what they are. I do hope you get a boy in there but if you end up with all girls then Thank God for all the special moments you'll have.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 12:21 PM on Nov. 24, 2008