Crappy sleep schedule!

My son's sleep schedule is drivin' me nuts! He refuses to nap at a normal time but then around 4:30-5pm I can't get him to stay awake! I try waking him up after an hour and just sticking out the whiny overtired stage so that he'll get a good nights sleep but no! He just won't stay up. Then he wakes up around 8 and is ready to party! What do I do! i'm soo tired!

metalhealthmom

Asked by metalhealthmom at 7:41 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Have an activity (and maybe a snack) planned for around 4 PM until dinner time. It could even be a bath. Have him help with getting dinner ready. Anything to keep him awake and occupied during that time. It will take a few days to break the habit of napping then. Then bedtime can be after dinner if he's exhausted. GL!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:47 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I know there is days that my daughter gets so tired because she doesn't want to take naps anymore. I try to get her to play with me and then help me make supper early so she can get and early bath and then to bed earlier but not that early. There is days this doesn't work and it just gets to be a long day and night and I just try to do something new to see what will work each time.
    shadowia

Answer by shadowia at 11:41 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I go through this everyday!!! Not any help to you, but misery loves company!! I call it the witching hour at my house, b/c my dd gets very cranky around 5!!

BandME

Answer by BandME at 10:59 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• I feel for you my toddler does this on occasion also and when he tries to nap between 4 and 5 PM we take him outside and go for a walk or go to the park for bit and get him to play on the equipment and that usually works and then he goes to bed around 8 PM
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 11:05 AM on Mar. 16, 2011