please help quick before 1 30pm

my problem is today is my due date and i have a highblood pressure the thing who worries me is that my doc called my husband and told him that she is going to induce me today at 4 pm and it was an emergency,im really scared is inducing dangerous?does it hurt?i havent felt contraction (at least i think)
did anyone have the same experience?pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase help
im so scared

tigernina

Asked by tigernina at 12:09 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• awww im pregnant w/ my first baby...i wish i could answer,,,GOODLUCK though <33 thats all i can say
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 12:11 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• My friend was induced in August she said the contractions were stronger but after the EPI she didn't feel anything and I'm beingin induced in a week....good luck and let me know how it goes!!!!
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 12:11 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• inducing isn't and...nither is emer. c-sec which i had....gl
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 12:13 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• ok first you have to calm down! relax as much as you can. I didnt have any complications except my lil one was stubborn and wouldnt come out for 24 hours. They induced me with pitosin and gave me my epidural and it wasnt that bad. its not dangerous9 all the time) it just speeds up the process. If your that nervous talk to the doc when you get there and see if you can do anything to help let her know you want to know whats going on the whole way. Good luck
    Quintensmom

Answer by Quintensmom at 12:13 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I induced with my last 2. By choice. I used the cyditec pill. It's a pill for indigestion. They crush and insert. It works. I do that cause I don't have an IV so that way works.

Anonymous

• ok.. breathe! when you get induced it hurts when they break the water.. but after that its like reg. birth giving heh it hurts worst but yeah. you'll be fine.. just calm down.. and have faith that everything is going tobe ok. :D good luck!!
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 12:17 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I was induced with my son for the same reason. Yes it hurts but labor hurts and we all know this. i havnt had a second labor yet so as far as telling a difference im not sure. just try to stay calm you dont want your blood pressure to go up. they will probably give you some medicen to help lower your blood pressure if it shoots up to high you may end up with a c section. sometimes when your blood pressure is high and doesnt go down durring labor the baby doesnt deal well with labor. i had a c section in the end after being in labor for 13hours.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 12:17 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I think it hurts more b/c they are opening up your cervix if it isn't already and the contractions are stronger, however... if you opt for pain meds then it isn't so bad. Good luck, you'll be okay! Relax
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 12:25 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• It does not hurt when they break your water! It was done for all 4 of mine, It does however make your contractions harder wich does hurt of course. Unless your doc doesnt know what they are doing it does not hurt, You don't even feel them break the bag.
    Anonymous

• I've been induced 4 times. Its not that big a deal. Also had 2 w/out being induced. It all hurts regardless of how it starts. good luck.
    Anonymous