How do I get thru this hunger? I am so hungry I just keep thinking, only just a little bite. Didn't know where to put this,.

So I am having my first colonscopy and I've not eaten all day today. And I am so hungry how do I get my mind of it. It is the kind of hunger that you get after you've not eaten and your grumpy to the point of almost crying.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:52 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Health

• Are you allowed to drink water? If so drink LOTS of water. Fill your belly with water.
    Anonymous

• Or a liquid diet? sometimes that is ok and good for a bit of a change. Otherwise, stay busy- and go to bed early. :-)
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 7:55 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I say get a good book and lay down in bed and immerse yourself in it until you are so tired you fall asleep...I'm so sorry for you
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 8:01 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I did it by reminding myself that if I ate even one bite, they'd cancel it and I'd have to do the prep all over again the next month - I did NOT want to do that awful prep again so I dealt with it. Thankfully I did it over a weekend (colonoscopy was on a Monday) so DH was home and I just spent as much time as I could in bed.
    Anonymous

• I've had 3 surgeries and wasn't allowed to eat 24hrs before them either. Drink plenty of fluids and change up the kinds (ex. water/Gatorade.juice) pleases the pallet a bit. Also, popsicles help trick yourself into feeling like you ate something. I was allowed jello also but it didnt help me because I didnt eat it...I hate jello
    -lovingliam-

Answer by -lovingliam- at 8:20 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• hubby always eats jello
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:33 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Suck it up......lol. Think about what your going to eat after.......yummy. Good luck it will be over before you know it.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 1:47 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• Clean your teeth. I do not know why this works, but it does. Other than that stay busy and as far away from the kitchen as possible.
    MLM247

Answer by MLM247 at 7:05 PM on Mar. 16, 2011