What does true labor feel like?

i took a wlk last night at about 7pm almost 8pm and when i got bck in the house 2hrs later i started contracting. the pain to me is bearable although it is sharp and painful im still able to move around and walk with a slight limp . i have a high tolerance for pain so the contractions dont bother me it more so aggravates me. i have moments where the pain stops me n makes me breath deeply. the same thing happened today i walked around wal-mart n when i got home i started contracting my hips n lower bck hurt n my stomach hurts too. i feel sharp pain only when i stand up or use the bathroom i cant really feel the contractions while sitting down i just feel my stomach get hard as a rock. could i be in labor? im kinda confused because my daughter will move every now n then but not as much as she usually does what should i do ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:56 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• chances are if you were in labor your contractions would not let up when you rested. for me when i got one it would feel like my stomach was hard as a rock and like really intense period cramps.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:57 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• thats what i been feeling i called my doc last night at about midnight and they told me too drink a few cups of water n try to get some rest n see if the contractions go away. but they never did i was able to get some sleep but i felt every contraction i was having they were really sharp every time i woke up in the middle of the night to pee. i had one contraction at 6:00am that was so strong i was hunched over in almost tears it hurt soooo bad. n then i had a minor contraction not to long after that i felt again when i went to go pee. now i just been contraction i just had one that was bearable n doesnt really bother me. i just dont know when i should go to the hospital
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:10 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I'd wait. You'll know when you need to go. At least I did.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 9:30 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Just start timing from contraction to contraction, regardless of how strong/weak it is. At 5 minutes apart consistantly, head to the hospital. True labor does not come, then fade. It starts and steadily increases in intensity. No amount of water or rest will calm it down. When I was in labor, there was no mistaking it and I honestly just knew when it was time. Good luck!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:38 PM on Mar. 15, 2011