Inducing at 37 weeks need help

my specialist is wanting to induce me at 37 weeks but im not sure..... she said they could fatten the baby up better outside the womb than what he is getting inside cuz i have been having placenta issues since the beginning but im not sure would that be safe?? isnt that to early?? has anyone been induced that early and how did it affect baby??

wiggsbabe

Asked by wiggsbabe at 7:57 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i would say thanks but no thanks, personally. my oldest was induced at 38 wks 6 days and spent 5 days in the nicu with under-developed nasal passages (since babies are nose breathers this was a BIG issue) but she was taken early because of my extremely high blood pressure. i would only induce if there posed a serious health risk to my baby.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:59 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• i was induced at 37 weeks with my second child for the same thing, they said he would gain better outside the womb. he was perfectly healthy but he was only 5lb 6oz!! i let them do it because i figured if he is not getting what he needs he didn't need to spend anymore time in there!! I had my oldest natural at 36 weeks he was 6lb 2oz and perfectly healthy
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 8:04 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I was induced at 37 weeks with my 3rd. She was a perfectly healthy 7 lb 7 oz baby and the easiest out of all 5 of my deliveries! My oldest was born at 40 weeks after a natural labor and had to go to the NICU for 3 days.

Answer by missanc at 8:12 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I was induced at 37 weeks on the day. My daughter was perfectly healthy, but only 5 lbs 8 oz. We had no complications, other than the fact that she was just itty bitty.
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 8:13 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Asks the risks of going through the whole pregnancy versus being induced now. 36wks and on is a term baby but if its safe to continue the pregnancy then i dont see the problem. However, depending on the issue with the placenta it could potentially be serious. Get further information from professionals. Good luck to you!
    -lovingliam-

Answer by -lovingliam- at 8:33 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• 36 weeks and up is term, but yes it can be a bit early. However if you are having placenta issues and baby is not getting what he/she needs then it is probably in the baby's best interest to deliver Why are you seeing a specialist you don't seem to trust??
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:00 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• my doc sent me to a specialist cuz my blood work came back abnormal and ever since then i have been going
    wiggsbabe

Comment by wiggsbabe (original poster) at 9:08 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I would listen to the doc. I would say that she knows what she is talking about. Discuss the risks and what they plan to do for your baby. If baby isn't getting what he or she needs inside the womb, I would say let the doctors do their job so that baby can get what he or she needs. It would make me nervous, too.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 9:16 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• If it's not absolutely necessary, I wouldn't do it. Maybe get a second opinion, then go from there.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 9:29 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• If you trust your OB then listen. Your OB does this everyday so listen and send us all pictures!
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 12:31 AM on Mar. 16, 2011