Should marijuana be legalized? Why or why not?

If it became legalized, I would not object. But, I am not promoting it either :)

Tarrar

Asked by Tarrar at 8:00 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• my biggest concern is when people drive high. and not just a little high, but super stoned off their ass. i dont care what people say, marijuana DOES affect your judgment. it makes it slower, and this is not safe when driving a vehicle. how exactly would we regulate that?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:04 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I don't see how it is any worse then drinking and the tax revenue from sales would be nice. I don't care one lick about smoking it myself but if it was legalized I would want to see it regulated much like cigs and alcohol.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:03 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• reading my answer over, it's a little vague. let me add, i realize people do this now. just as people drive when drunk over the limit. however, a lot more stoned people would be behind the wheel if it was legal, making the road even more dangerous than it already is. like i said, if we could regulate that, i would be all for it. i dont smoke it, but other than the few things it does to you i don't see it as a serious issue.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:08 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Legalize, regulate and tax it.

It's not the govts place to tell consenting adults what they can do to or with their own bodies. Prohibition is failed policy, it does not work. There is no evidence that use, abuse or DUI would increase if mj were legal. Portugal decriminalized most street drugs with positive results. 

Friday

Answer by Friday at 8:22 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• DUI
    - alcohol
    - Marijuana

Anonymous

• I wonder how much interest there would be in it if it became legal... I agree with the anon it would end up as sort of a DUI type deal. I also see the potential for more people to be on the road with impaired judgment.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:11 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I'm 60 years old. Yes it should be legalized. I want to be able to get some good stuff if I need it and I think I'm smart enough not to use it and then operate heavy machinery. Laws are already there to punish those who drive under the influance of anything. Why not be able to regulate it, have it be a source of income and use it. It's out there anyway.
    Les1951

Answer by Les1951 at 8:22 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• No it shouldn't I know too many pot heads that act stupid on it.

You probably know plenty of responsible, educated, intelligent mj users you just don't know they use. I know doctors, lawyers, teachers and executives who imbibe.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 8:24 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• If the Feds allowed more research I'm confident a more accurate test could be devised. They would just have to adjust their rule. I don't think what I do on my time is any of my employers business anyhow and don't support pre-employment drug testing. DO these drug free companies also include tobacco, alcohol and caffeine or do they have exclusions due to legality?

Friday

Answer by Friday at 8:53 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• DO these drug free companies also include tobacco, alcohol and caffeine or do they have exclusions due to legality?

The only one of those I see a problem using at work is alcohol and I'm pretty sure if you came to work drunk, you would be fired.
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 8:56 PM on Mar. 15, 2011