Is she really preggo?

My SIL is crazy. I mean if you met her just for one minute you would understand. Well she says shes pregnant, this was like 3 weeks ago, she went to the dr today, she says they say Im pregnant but its to early to see anything and they have to wait on my blood work to come back and see if m levels go up. I assume she means HCG levels? have you aver heard of this or do you think she is lying?

greenbeanmoma

Asked by greenbeanmoma at 8:13 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• She needs to be taken care of if she is mentally incompetent. I have no idea if she is pregnant or not. what can your family and you do to help her?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:15 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• did she get a sono it could be too early to see anything on there?
    CrazyMommy87

Answer by CrazyMommy87 at 8:20 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Guess you'll find out soon enough. There is no way that I can tell if she or anyone else is pregnant.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 8:20 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• umm... blood work can tell you stuff, through HCG levels. Like if they're high enough or if its ectopic or anything. However the doctors tell you the day of the pregnancy test if you are or not, then the levels and what not are told later. Thats what my doc did when I was preg with my son
    -lovingliam-

Answer by -lovingliam- at 8:25 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I've got a SIL who I think is crazy too, maybe we should form a club!
    I guess just don't get your hopes up until you see a sonogram picture.
    Anonymous

• Generally the first HCG test is done one day, and the second is done a day or two later. An increase in the hormone levels will indicate that you are pregnant.

My Dr. didn't tell me the news until both tests were done.

Your SIL will have her results within 2 days, so you'll know soon enough!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 8:48 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• some women have that intuition were they know imediatly even with out tests . all you can do is sit back and wait it dose not make since that they would say she is though unless a test came out positive or the had an ultra sound showing she was
    blinkys11

Answer by blinkys11 at 8:59 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Hmmm.... I was able to just take one test at the doc. to confirm my pregnancy.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 9:28 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I also had to wait for my HCG levels to rise. IDK about her issues but i've met a couple family dillies myself.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 12:27 AM on Mar. 16, 2011