How has breast cancer affected your life?

My mothers BEST FRIEND, who has been a second mom to me and my siblings for as long as I can remember, just got the news that she is now BREAST CANCER FREE!!!! originally, she was told she would have 12 months to live because they had caught it late. My heart has never dropped the way it did that day. She is the strongest, most upbeat, positive amazing human being I know! And I am so happy to announce she is going to be okay!

Tarrar

Asked by Tarrar at 8:22 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Health

• Praise God, he is so GREAT! That is AWESOME!!!!! My MawMaw (grandma) was diagnosed with B.C. she is now CANCER FREE for what i think like 3 years, if not 4. I was devastated when I heard she had cancer, but I thank God everyday she is still here with us.

CANCER SUCKS!!!!
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 8:26 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• fingers crossedThat's great news! Yes, I have been affected by breast cancer and many other cancers. My grandmother was diagnosed a few years ago, she got a radical mastectomy. She's always so positive about; she always jokes about how she gets to take her boobs off anytime she wants. lol I was also diagnosed when I was 14 years old with stage 4 nasopharyngeal carcinoma. (so mamas don't smoke around your kids, I know from experience, second smoke causes cancer) Cancer free for almost 10 years now! Cancer is a horrible disease, and wouldn't wish it upon anyone.

mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 8:31 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• It hasn't. So far I have yet to meet anyone who's ever had it to my knowledge...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:26 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I'm happy for you, but breast cancer has touched my life 3 times~ My DH's grandmother died of it in 2003, my boss is fighting it now, and a sweet, wonderful friend is fighting triple negative breast cancer now.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 11:20 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• i dont have cancer but there are a ton of support groups out there and you can also bill insurance for prosthesis bras etc thankfully!
    080583heather

Answer by 080583heather at 11:36 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• yes, my aunt died of it.
    Parka54

Answer by Parka54 at 12:08 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• My grandmother has had it twice - If the good die young, this lady is never dying..
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 12:38 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• My mom passed away last year, the day after my daughter's Bat Mitzvah. I was diagnosed with breast cancer via my annual mammogram a month after she died. I had surgery and went through radiation and now I'm just going in for check-ups and monitoring.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 2:05 PM on Mar. 16, 2011