Whats it like....?

Whats it like being a step-parent? In January (Next year) Ill be getting married to Jacob Carlson. He has 4 kids from a different relationship. They are almost 10 years youger than me. His oldest is 7 and hes youngest is 4.

Madilyn15

Asked by Madilyn15 at 8:28 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• It's whatever you make it to be. Are you using this time to get to know them, & vice versa? Are you & their dad planning opportunities to do things together like a family? It's an on going process, but a worthwhile journey! :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:32 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Yes, I know almost everything abut them. We try to when we can.
    Madilyn15

Comment by Madilyn15 (original poster) at 8:34 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• So you are 15 or 16? And marrying a guy that is how old?

Did I read that wrong?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:36 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Im 16 years old. And my fiancee is 21
    Madilyn15

Comment by Madilyn15 (original poster) at 8:37 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• ok ya we were not reading that wrong. being a step mom can be aswome its what you make of it. and when they go thru the stage of your not my mommy dont worrie its a stage you love them no matter what they say and theyll get over it. just be the best mom you can and being so young can be a good thing youll understand them better when they get older and start going thru the things you are finishing going thru know.
    blinkys11

Answer by blinkys11 at 9:06 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Please wait.I had four babies before I was 21 and I wish someone knocked me in my head and tell me what the hell I was doing.I love my children dont get me wrong,but I was 16 when I had my first child.once you have children there is no more me or freedom.It's that child and nothing else.Finish school be somebody,have your freedom while it last.But if you do choose to marry and help him with his children,love them like their your kids.Get to know their mother so yall on the right page.So please think about and good lucky!
    lopezbabies25

Answer by lopezbabies25 at 9:17 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Ok..so you're 16. YOu have triplets & your pregnant wtih twins...riiiiight....I smell a fake.
    Anonymous