Would you?

Would you buy gently used baby clothes or baby items at a yard sale? Or have you ever sold them.  I am thinking of having one this summer, but wonder if I should.

cherylw993

Asked by cherylw993 at 8:29 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• People do all the time. My niece stopped at a yard sale and bought my youngest son a bunch of stuff because we were broke and didn't have much for him. He's still wearing those clothes (some of it was 12mo size which he now wears at 8 months). I was very grateful.
    My neighbors in Chicago used to make a ton of money every summer selling their granddaughter's old clothes (what they didn't give to me first).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:00 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I've done both. We live where there are tons of kids, so it's very common.
    AntoinetteF

Answer by AntoinetteF at 8:34 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I would and did,It saves alittle money for that person and puts some back in your pocket.
    lopezbabies25

Answer by lopezbabies25 at 8:49 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• a lot of people just can't stand to think of using used things for their baby....like they are going to get a disease from it or something.....i think it's fine. they can wash what they buy - i'm pretty sure most people would buy/sell. i know i have!
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 8:54 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• practically ALL of my boys clothes are from yard sales! I just make sure to wash them before actually putting them on. SAVES SOO much money
    My2boys0523

Answer by My2boys0523 at 10:10 PM on Mar. 15, 2011