From all A's and B's to all F's!!!

Okay I am so annoyed with my 15 year old daughter. I recieved her progress report in the mail on Saturday. She got all F's except for two C's one in ALgebra and in PE (wich she previsly failed)6 weeks ago I recieved her first progress report and she had all A's and B's except for two F's in PE and Algerba. I kept in contact with the teachers of the classes she failed. I also took privledges away until her grades improve. She told me that she has been stressing out on bringing her PE and Algebra g rades up she neigleced her other classes!! Then she tells me that a progress report does not count! As far as I am concerned ALL grade matter to me!! just needed to vent!!

mommiedear

Asked by mommiedear at 12:11 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• Also call her teachers and get all her assignments. When she gets home, work on them with her, or if she can do it by herself let her BUT check her work, and help her study. She gets no proviledges until all her grades are brought up. Maybe after each test or quiz, if she passes with a C or higher, she gets priviledges back. Also yea...CHECK ON WHO HER FRIENDS AND BOYFRIENDS ARE. They might have an impact. Not saying she is with the wrong crowd or doing drugs or sex, but sometimes teens can get so caught up in there friends and boyfriends there grades slip...(me! lol). My mother did all the things above, and I got myself back on track, and got to keep my friends and boyfriends AFTER I got my grades up!
    YanniSmoMMy

Answer by YanniSmoMMy at 1:50 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Has anything changed with her attitude at home, new friends? I would also buy a home drug test just be sure she isn't mixing with the wrong crowd.

Anonymous

• Progress reports DO count.

I am so sorry!!!

At 15 she should be looking forward to the next step after high school. Is there a school guidance counselor?
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 12:15 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I'm sorry that she is acting like that. My little sister used that same excuse. All of it. She would say it doesnt count, I was trying to catch up, I forgot.(she is the youngest. This all happen when I was already out of the house) She had a new boyfriend, and some new friends. She had started smoking pot and having sex. It killed my parents. She was 15 too. They did everything they could, but it took her being severely restricted. ALL friends cut off and the boyfriend told to go away or the police would be involved. He was 16 about 17. She is 17 now and is back to her her old A's and B's with her old friends BEFORE the new friends.
    Anonymous

• But my parents had to "research" her friends. They wanted to know everything about all of them, and meet the parents. I hope that it's nothing like my family had to go through, but if she has some new friends you might want to thinking about a drug test. Even the best kids sometime slip. That doesn't make them bad. It doesn't make you a bad parent either!
    Anonymous

• sounds fishy to me. maybe she has been having emotional problems that kept her mind occupied. how can they drop so low with last semester and this shouldn't the grades average out to about a c for all of them. i don't know that is how my kids school does it, they average the total grades at the end to make an average.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 5:15 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I feel for you, my son was a terrible student who just didn't care, I tried EVERYTHING. Just keep in contact with the teachers. THey will help as much as they can.
    Anonymous

• Honestly, as a girl who just graduated from H.S. in 07' I can assure you progress reports DON'T count for anything! It's the FINAL grade, the term/semester/quarter grades that count and go on your transcripts. Give her a break, I know how that goes. I can have all A's one minute and then if I forget something or the teacher grades something late my grade can shoot down super quick until that is fixed! I'm in college now studying pre-law and honestly things haven't changed it's still the same- final grades are the only grades that count! Progress reports are just to show how she is doing "up to date" but they are quite often a badger.... almost like a midterm grade, just how you're doing halfway through but you still have a whole half of the term to bring up your grade. Don't go so hard on her really! PM me if you need any advice, I was once that 15 year old girl with the bad progress report now I'm a pre-law student :)
    lillie023

Answer by lillie023 at 6:38 AM on Nov. 25, 2008