Lost

does anyone else just want to shut down when something goes wrong? i lost my great grandma alittle after christmas and i cut my hair and now my uncle who has cancer just got put in the hospital with lungs full of clots and i just feel helpless and just want to shut everything out for a while and bawl my eyes out i also dont know if its good for the baby if im crying alot

goobersmom713

Asked by goobersmom713 at 8:31 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Health

• Crying is healthier than holding in your emotions, it releases endorphins. I want to shut down all the time, but, I'm not pregnant. Regardless, as mentioned, crying is healthy.

vampporcupine

Answer by vampporcupine at 8:35 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I'm beginning to think that it's my natural defence to shut down. I tend to do it with most things. When my Grandfather passed, when my Uncle passed, every month I take a negative pregnancy test, when my parents just recently had heart problems, even when I had to enroll in college (it's not really what I wanted to do right now). It's even hard for me to go to work most days. My daughter hasn't witnessed me in the middle of a breakdown. I try not to let her see it. Not that I think it'll have any negative effect on her, I just don't think she should have to deal with my sadness. But I really do think crying is a healthy release. Although I feel like crap at the moment, it makes me feel a little better in the end. I also try to keep a journal. It's a good way to get the thoughts out of my head. I hope things start to look up for you!
    BoutTime21

Answer by BoutTime21 at 9:09 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• its just hard to cry because im afriad it makes my son think he did something
    goobersmom713

Comment by goobersmom713 (original poster) at 8:36 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Crying is good for the heart and soul. It's also healthy. Explain to you son that monnie is sad and that it is okay to cry when you are sad. That you don't know what you would do without him and that you love him very nuch.Also tell him that he is the very best boy in the world but sometime mommie need to cry.
    Parka54

Answer by Parka54 at 12:03 AM on Mar. 16, 2011