why?

why do people feel they have to put a damper on other peoples lives? i read they post about parents lying to their children by telling them there is a santa. ya know if you don't believe great good for you, but why make us that do out to be liars we are having fun and are children are having fun and my daughter is not going to turn out to ve a bad person cuz she finds out there is no santa. why do you even have to post something like that let it go. to each his own. be a dull and boring person but don't take my glory away from me.

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 12:11 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Anon 12:21 I am a christian and I don't believe God is gonna put you down because you want to give your children imagination and a little magic around the hoildays....that would be sinning because we use the internet doesn't the bible also say we shouldn't put anything before him when it seems like material things are what we work for in life to have....God isn't gonna put us down because we have material things or let our kids believe in Santa...As long as we do teach the "true" meaning of christmas....dern like to a damper on everyone elses life dont' cha... I still believe in Santa..and I'm 19 so bite me.....
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 12:32 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• i wonder the same thing all the time. if people would spend more time on their own lives they probably wouldn't feel the need to be so involved in everyone else's. i'm secure in my beliefs and my choices and i know they are right for me but not necessarily for everyone else. i'm cool with letting people do their own thing as long as they are not hurting me, children, animals, or earth. i define hurt to include taking away someone else's choice (which is your question in the first place)
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:15 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Because others care about you and your life enough to let you know the truth. It's not so much a matter of getting into your life. It truly is a matter of caring. If you don't agree fine. Then continue, But the bible says to preach the fathers word and if we're not then your blood is on our hands in the end..If you don't feel that your doing wrong then it's not taking your glory away

Anonymous

• I don't see anything wrong with it or the tooth fairy. My mother did the same things with us. It's just a fantasy. I stopped believing in Santa in the first grade although I can't remember why but I just did. My step daughter believed till she was in the third grade and just got over it. They understand why and I have NEVER seen a child affected by this story.

I believe folks who try to put a damper on other lives are just not happy and will try to make others as miserable as they are.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 12:23 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• oh noo no don't even come preaching to me and it is not your place to care what i tell my children and what i dont. the truth is if you keep butting into peoples lives where you don't belong your going to end up getting hurt, thanks for your input but i don't need it.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 12:23 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• OH BTW, I found this on the internet not to long ago.

http://www.llerrah.com/truemeaningofchristmas.htm

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 12:24 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I missed that post.  I grew up believing in Santa, I also grew up knowing  that Jesus died for our sins, he is our savior, (Jesus is the reason for the season) My children believe in Santa, the Tooth Fairy and yes the Easter bunny! Shouldn't childhood be a little magical? My daughters who are 18 & 15 were not emotionally damaged for believing in Santa.  When they learned that there was no Santa they did not run around calling me a lire.   my four year old twin boys, they too  believe in Santa, the Tooth Fair and the Easter Bunny this will not harm my children. My kids are in a healthy balance knowing Jesus and all he has done for us, there is no harm in Santa.  There is so much bad going on in our world what harm is it to believe in Santa?

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 12:47 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I agree with you rebel. Some people are just judgmental and make themselves feel better by putting others down. 86% percent of atheists claim they don't believe in God because of hypocritical and judgmental Christians!! Ever heard the phrase, you catch more flies with honey???
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 12:48 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I don't see it as an issue as long as your kids know what the REAL meaning of the Christian Christmas is. (assuming you are Christian) That's our jobs as parents.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:56 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• you rockAMEN!!

jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 1:01 PM on Nov. 24, 2008