Do people still view interacial couples negatively? what if the woman is white and has a white child and is dating a black man that is obviously not the child's father?

bethany0199

Asked by bethany0199 at 8:41 PM on Mar. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• It is not the color, but th actions or people that call for negative reactions.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:42 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Not always true.. A very good friend of mine is very dark African American. She is with a white man and the baby they had together is whiter than me with curly blonde hair :) I told her I bet people think she is babysitting when she out with her DD..

As for your question, in some areas it is still looked down on but in other areas it is the norm:) I personally don't care what color you date or anyone else. What is important is how you are treated KWIM..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:45 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I do not. God made all people. There is no "better race".
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 8:46 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• My ex was totally against this and it drove me nuts. Because color gender race none of that matters it's when you fall in love that matters
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 8:47 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• Unfortunately yes. For me i do not. I myself am Hispanic & my husband is White all three of my kiddos don't look a bit Hispanic.
    iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 8:49 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• This is what my best friend is going through. Unfortunately, the only people that view it in a negative light are her father and stepmother. Her mother isn't thrilled but is at least tolerant. They also just had a baby together. Her dad was not thrilled to say the least.
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 8:52 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• my husband is black , and i am white. i honestly dont think it should matter. i mean its just color.
    juniebug11

Answer by juniebug11 at 9:20 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I will never understand why this is a issue. Why is it even called interracial dating?! It's just skin color! Two people together from the human race... in LOVE! i don't know who came up with this divide (race). I know a couple of White people from South Africa who can't make sense of why they're not considered African-American. They're from Africa too, so it makes sense. Nope, they've been told to check the Caucasian option and nothing more.

To answer your question, yes some people do still have those views, but that's their problem. Those views may never go away, but honestly, I don't give a fuck. Excuse my language.

LanaisSky96

Answer by LanaisSky96 at 9:27 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• I see it all the time where I am from more and more often now..I however do not agree with interacial dating..we were all made diff for a reason..but to each their own
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Mar. 16, 2011

• i'm white (well, asain lol) and my son is white.. my boyfriend is black. so no, i have no problem with it... but i know some people do.
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 12:03 PM on Mar. 16, 2011