Rolling over. .

My son is 4 months old, and my mother *sigh* says he should be rolling over, well he doesn't, when put on is stomach he can lift his ead but he just doesn;t roll over, when did everyone's baby start rolling over?

Hallk09

Asked by Hallk09 at 12:18 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter rolled over a week before she turned 3 months. She was rolling on her side by herself when she was 1 day old. Now the baby that I babysit will be 5 months in week and does not roll over. I think there is something wrong with him. He barely lifts his head too. When he was born he was not breathing for the first 5 minutes. He also weights 20 pounds so that could also have something to do with it.
    Anonymous

• Every child is different, my first started rolling over at around 5 mo. My second was somewere between 3 or 4 mo and my third was 2 mo. So all children are different. You can try to intice him by putting a toy next to him and he will have to roll over to get it. Or lay next to him and he will have to roll to get to you.
    It also depends on how much muscle control they were born with. My first had nooo muscle control when he was born. My second and third could hold there head up for several seconds when they were born so dont worry your baby will do it in good time.
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 12:39 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Anywhere from 2 months to 6 months is fine. Remind your mother that her kids were babies a LONG time ago and the memory grows dim. Heck! I can't even remember when my daughter rolled-over, in either direction, and she's only 28 months old!

http://www.babycenter.com/0_milestone-chart-1-to-6-months_1496585.bc
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:08 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Babes long ago started rolling over a bit sooner because they were mostly put to sleep on their tummies. Now, in our generation of back sleepers, it takes longer.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:15 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Mine just started rolling over and is 4 1/2 months--I thought that she would never roll--just be patient every baby is different-- and remind your mom of that. I have to constantly tell my mom that I am not her and my daughter is not me.
    coala

Answer by coala at 1:17 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• My ds is 8 months old tmrw. He still won't roll over! I was worried for a while but he sits up wonderful and crawls and starting to pull up. If he falls backward onto his back he will just lay there and cry. the time will come. All babies are dif
    aeemom

Answer by aeemom at 1:48 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• One of my twins rolled over on Saturday. His brother just lies there. He may be a week longer, or so. They are about 4 1/2 months
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 1:49 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Ignore it, and any other, "He should be doing this by now!"s that you hear, unless they come from your doctor. Each baby is different, and it won't do either of you any good to worry about him not doing things fast enough. My guy seems like he's close to rolling over, and I will bawl my eyes out when he does! My little blob is growing up too fast, and it terrifies me!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:23 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• My daughter has rolled from tummy to back a few times. She knows how, I guess she just doesn't feel the need to. While she sleeps, she almost rolls from back to belly. She is 4 1/2 months old. Every baby moves at their own pace.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:54 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Thank you =]
    Hallk09

Answer by Hallk09 at 7:25 PM on Nov. 25, 2008